UDC 633.16 : 631.5 : 631.8(477.7)
A. V. Panfilova
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-0006-4090
V. V. Gamayunova
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-4151-0299
The article presents the results of studies about the effectiveness of spring barley crop cultivation with modern retriever preparations in the background of mineral fertilizers carried out in 2013-2017on the southern black soils in the Ukrainian Steppe. The options for plant nutrition significantly influenced the growth and development of spring barley varieties. So the plants were distinguished by their maximum height during the cultivation on the background of mineral fertilization and the extracorporeal fertilization of crops during the vegetation period with the Escort– bio.
The height of spring barley plants varied significantly and depended on the varietal characteristics. The highest linear height was characterized by the barley stalker variety, and the smallest variety was the Aeneas variety. Thus, for the cultivation without fertilizers, this indicator in the Aeneas variety was 65.9, the Adapt variety – 71.9, and the Stalker variety – 71.9 cm. By the applying of a moderate dose of mineral fertilizers, the height of the plants of these varieties in the phase of full grain maturity was respectively 72.5; 75.1 and 76.5 cm. The highest plants of spring barley during all years of our research were in the version of foliar application of crops during the period of vegetation with the modern preparation Escort – bio– 79.7 – 89.4 cm all this depends on the variety.
The applied fertilizers and weather conditions during the years of research significantly influenced the productivity of barley varieties. The lowest crop was formed in 2013, and the highest in 2016.
The maximum yield of barley varieties in all years of research was formed for cultivating by the applying a moderate dose of mineral fertilizers and foliar application of crops with Organic D2 and Escort – bio. Thus, on average, over the years of research and in terms of the factor, the grain yield was 3.37- 3.41t/ha, which exceeded its level by fertilized control at 0.71 – 0.75 t/ha or 26.7 – 28.2%, and in the back ground of making only mineral fertilizers – at 0.4 t/ha or 15.4%.
Іt was found that, taking into account the weather conditions and variants of plant nutrition, the variety plays an important role in the formation of spring barley yield. Thus, on average, during the years of research and by the factor of nutrition, the highest yield of the grain was formed by the plants of the Aeneas variety–3.36 t/ha, which exceeded the Stalker variety by 0.21 t/ha or 6.3%, and according to the Adapt variety – by 0.32 t/ha or 9.5%.
In the appropriate selection of varieties and optimization of plant nutrition conditions during the growing season, the basic processes of their growth and development are improved. By optimizing the nutrition of the crop is more intensive in the growth of top soils biomass of plants, which will further affect the formation of grain productivity of spring barley. Aeneas variety and the combination of the mineral fertilizers applying in a dose of N30P30 and non-root crop fertilization with Escort Bio. On average, during the years of our research, the highest yield of grain was formed by the plants of the Aeneas variety in the variant of mineral fertilization and fertilization of the Escort – bio – 3.61 t/ha.
Keywords: variety of ,spring barley, plant nutrition, regulatory preparations, plant height, grain yield.
- Tokar, B. Yu. (2015). Produktyvnist yachmeniu yaroho pyvovarnoho zalezhno vid udobrennia ta retardantnoho zakhystu. Visnyk ZhNAEU. 2 (50). Vol. 1, 440-445. [in Ukrainian].
- Kaminska, V. V., Shmorhun, O. V., Dudka, O. F. (2012). Osoblyvosti formuvannia elementiv produktyvnosti sortiv yachmeniu yaroho v pivnichnii chastyni Lisostepu. Zemlerobstvo. 84, 75 [in Ukrainian].
- Kolesnikov, M. O., Ponomarenko, S. P. (2016). Vplyv biostymuliatoriv Stympo ta Rehoplant na produktyvnist yachmeniu yaroho. Ahrobiolohiia. 1, 81-86 [in Ukrainian].
- Kasatkina, T. O., Hamaiunova, V. V. (2018). Vplyv resursozberihaiuchykh elementiv tekhnolohii na produktyvnist roslyn yachmeniu yaroho v umovakh Pivdennoho Stepu Ukrainy. Innovatsiini tekhnolohii v roslynnytstvi: materialy naukovoi internet-konferentsii (pp. 80-82). Kamianets-Podilskyi [in Ukrainian].
- Nosko, B. S. (2002). Suchasnyi stan ta perspektyvni napriamky doslidzhen v ahrokhimii. Bulletin of Agricultural Science. 9, 9-12 [in Ukrainian].
- Sytnyk, V. P. (2002). Ekolohichni aspekty ahropromyslovoho kompleksu. Bulletin of Agricultural Science. 9, 55-57 [in Ukrainian].
- Wójcik, P. (2004). Uptake of mineral nutrients from foliar fertilization. Journal of Fruit and Ornamental Plant Research. 12, 201–218.
- Babaeian, M., Tavassoli, A., Ghanbari, A., Esmaeilian, Y. & Fahimifard M. (2010). Effects of foliar micronutrient application on osmotic adjustments, grain yield and yield components in sunflower (Alstar cultivar) under water stress at three stages. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 6 (5), 1204-1208.
- Sepiedeh, Z., Mohammad, N., Hamid, R. T. M. & Hossein, Z. (2014). Effect of zinc and sulfur foliar applications on physiological characteristics of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) under water deficit stress. International Journal of Biosciences. 5 (12), 87–96. doi: 10.12692/ijb/5.12.87-96. Retrieved from: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/0902/96e6d7d5c807a7bcf4afb7b20095bd27a0b4.pdf
- Begum, K., Sikder, A. H. F., Khanom, S., Hossain, Md. F. & Parveen, Z. (2015) Nutrient uptake by plants from different land types of Madhupur soils. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific Research. 28 (2), 113–121. doi: 10.3329/bjsr.v28i2.26782. Retrieved from: https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/BJSR/article/view/26782/17903.
- Kostyria, I., Hasanova, I., Ostapenko, M. & et al. (2013). Vplyv poperednykiv i mineralnykh dobryv na urozhainist ta yakist zerna pshenytsi ozymoi v umovakh Prysyvashshia. Biuleten Instytutu silskoho hospodarstva stepovoi zony NAAN Ukrainy. 4, 25-29 [in Ukrainian].
- Kalenska, S. M., Tokar, B. Yu. (2015). Urozhainist yachmeniu yaroho zalezhno vid rivnia mineralnoho zhyvlennia. Naukovi pratsi Instytutu bioenerhetychnykh kultur i tsukrovykh buriakiv. 23, 30-33 [in Ukrainian].
- Panfilova, A. V., Hamaiunova, V. V. (2018). The productivity of spring barley varieties and plant nutrition optimization in the southern steppe of Ukraine. Plant Varieties Studying and Protection. 14 (Vol. 3), 310–315. DOI: 10.21498/2518-1017.14.3.2018.145304. Retrieved from: http://journal.sops.gov.ua/article/view/145304 [in Ukrainian].
- Ponomarenko, S. P. (2008). Biostimulyatory v sel’skom khozyaystve – ukrainskiy proryv. Biological preparations in Plant Produktion: 4-th international scientific-applied conference (pp. 45–48). Kiev [in Russian].
- Gamayunova, V.V., Iskakova, O.Sh., Muzyka, N.N. & et al. (2015). Sovremennye podkhody k uvelicheniyu effektivnosti udobreniy pod sel’skokhozyaystvennye kul’tury v zemledelii Yuzhnoy Stepi Ukrainy. Puti povysheniya effektivnosti oroshaemogo zemledeliya. 4 (60), 75-80. [in Russian].