Yu. A. Kormishkin
M. P. Minyailo
The article examines the essence of the concept of “rural territory” and establishes that rural territory is considered as a social-spatial education, which combines the following components: organizational, industrial-economic, socio-economic and natural-resource. It is substantiated that the main feature of rural territories is its interrelation with the administrative-territorial system. In particular, rural areas become the object of self-government, a unit of local self-government, the main purpose of which should be the policy, aimed at satisfying the diverse needs of the peasants.
On the basis of the research, we have found that the development of domestic rural areas in today’s conditions is characterized by significant structural, functional and related demographic, social problems, low investment and innovation activity, decline of infrastructure support, the existing communal crisis, low level of activity, solidarity and integration of the population in the management processes.Most of these problems are due to insufficient legal certainty, high level of centralization, and lack of system-synergetic management of public processes at the state level.
It is determined that in order to allow rural areas to develop, and residents of the settlements could get the right to modern medicine and education, good roads and illuminated streets, to obtain affordable and high-quality administrative, communal and social services, decentralization of power is taking place in Ukraine.
It is substantiated that the municipal united territorial communities are communities with a significant number of rural and urban populations, and the dominant center is the city.At the same time, it was established that domestic legislation does not specify requirements for the mandatory population of the community, but the practice has shown that the community with more than 10 or 20 thousand people will be more financially capable.
As a result of the research of the activities of the Bashtanka and Mena city united territorial communities, it was established that for the development of their own rural areas, local self-government bodies of city UTC (united territorial communities) apply a number of measures not prohibited by law, namely: conduct public hearings and referenda, organize and conduct general meetings of citizens for place of residence objectively and in time to consider collective and individual appeals of residents to bodies and officials of municipal self-government, gives the opportunity to Invitations to prepare and submit local initiatives to the council. Also, such communities, in strategic planning of their development, see one of the strategic goals as developing rural areas through the development of the agrarian sector, ensuring adequate quality of life in rural areas, development of entrepreneurship, etc.
Having examined the programs of socio-economic development of Bashtanka and Mena City UTC, it was stated that in strategic planning of their development in these communities there is no clear definition of the strategic goal of “development of rural territories”, both communities focus on the development of rural areas through the creation of favorable conditions for the economic development of the community and improving the quality of life of its inhabitants, based on their resources and understanding of reasonable growth.
It is concluded that the city’s united territorial communities are a powerful incentive for the development of rural areas, have considerably higher revenues to local budgets, thereby strengthening the budget opportunities of rural areas. In particular, urban UTCs, due to the combination of urban and rural areas, extend the positive impact of cities to neighboring rural areas and make more effective incentives in these areas for attraction investors to the countryside.
Keywords: rural territory, decentralization, united territorial communities, budget, financial decentralization, development.
- Zavhorodnya, V.M. & Riznyk, O.Yu. (2012). Dehradatsiya sil’s’koyi terytoriyi – real’nist’ s’ohodennya. Pravovi zasady vyrishennya problemy. Vol. 1 (2). Retrieved from : http://www.bulletin.uabs.edu.ua/store/jur/20l2/ 360с3Ь60г480 [in Ukrainian].
- Klyuchnyk, A.V. (2011). Formuvannya i rozvytok ekonomichnoho potentsialu sil’s’kykh terytoriy Ukrayiny: monohrafiya. Mykolayiv. [in Ukrainian].
- Smushak, M.V. (2009). Orhanizatsiya systemnoho rozvytku sil’s’kykh terytoriy rehionu. (Extended abstract of Candidate’s thesis). Uzhhorod [in Ukrainian].
- Pavlyuk, S. I. (2015). Problemni pytannya reformuvannya mistsevoho samovryaduvannya v konteksti rozvytku sil’s’kykh terytoriy. Abstracts of Papers ’15. Upravlinnya innovatsiynym rozvytkom terytoriyi. (рр. 191-193). Dnipropetrovs’k [in Ukrainian].
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky. (2018). Statystychnyy shchorichnyk Ukrayina v tsyfrakh. Retrieved from : http://library.oseu.edu.ua/files/StatSchorichnyk Ukrainy 2018.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Plotnikova, M. F. (2018). Stratehichni zasady rozvytku sil’s’kykh terytoriy v umovakh detsentralizatsiyi vladnykh povnovazhen’. Naukovyy visnyk Uzhhorods’koho natsional’noho universytet: Vol. 17, рр. 43-47 [in Ukrainian].
- Detsentralizatsiya v Ukrayini. Retrieved from : https://decentralization.gov.ua/about [in Ukrainian].
- Metodolohiya stratehichnoho planuvannya rozvytku ob”yednanykh terytorial’nykh hromad (OTH) v Ukrayini. Retrieved from : https://surdp.eu/Methodology-of-strategic-planning-for-hromadas [in Ukrainian].
- Bardina, T.O. (2016). Vyznachennya perspektyvnykh napryamiv rozvytku sil’s’kykh terytoriy z urakhuvannyam analizu syl’nykh storin Poltavs’koyi oblasti. Naukovi pratsi Poltavs’koyi derzhavnoyi ahrarnoyi akademiyi: ekonomichni nauky. Vol. 2 (13), рр. 231–236 [in Ukrainian].
- Bashtans’ka mis’ka ob”yednana terytorial’na hromada. Retrieved from : https://bashtanka.org.ua/pasport-gromadi [in Ukrainian].
- Mens’ka mis’ka ob”yednana terytorial’na hromada. Retrieved from :: menarada.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Ministerstvo rehional’noho rozvytku, budivnytstva ta zhytlovo-komunal’noho hospodarstva Ukrayiny. Finansova detsentralizatsiya v Ukrayini. Pershyy etap uspikhiv /; elektron. versiya. Retrieved from : http://old.decentralization.gov.ua/pics/attachments/Buklet_finansova_decenrt_.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Instytut hromads’koho suspil’stva. Retrieved from : https://www.csi.org.ua/articles/novi-pidhody-rozvytku-silskyh-terytorij-v-umovah-detsentralizatsiyi-ta-zmin-u-derzhavnij-regionalnij-politytsi [in Ukrainian].