UDC 620.178.16: 620.193
Corrosion destroys and qualitatively changes the surface of machine parts, leading to a decrease in the wear resistance and durability of machines. That is why the search for modern methods and techniques, allowing to minimize atmospheric corrosion of the working attachments and parts of soil-cultivating machines, is an undeniably urgent task.
In the result of the preliminary atmospheric corrosion, the fretting intensity of steels significantly increases, e.g. for steels without a protective anticorrosion coating it increases by a factor of 2.88 … 4.15, after applying a protective anticorrosion coating it increases by a factor of 1.59 … 2.73. It is necessary to particularly single out the sample after abrasive fretting, where the fretting intensity has increased by a factor of 4 … 5.26. As a result of studies, it was found that the fretting intensity is directly dependent on the intensity of the corrosion processes. In turn, the corrosion rate depends on the storage method, soil and climatic zone of the storage, the presence of anti-corrosion coating and the material which was subject to atmospheric corrosion.
Corrosion processes occur most intensively when stored in the Polissia soil and climatic zone, and least intensively upon storage in the Steppe zone. The wear intensity increases most while storing in the open site with a soil floor and grass floor, the least when stored in the closed heated premise with a concrete floor and in the closed unheated premise with a concrete floor.
The height at which samples were stored also significantly affects the magnitude of the fretting intensity growth. Thus, the fretting intensity increases the most while storing on the surface, and the least while storing at a height of 500 mm from the storage surface.
A significant change in the fretting intensity after atmospheric corrosion is observed only until the corrosion products are removed from the steel surface, during further wear the fretting intensity decreases and equals to the fretting intensity before the storage started.
To increase the wear resistance of the working attachments of soil-cultivating and sowing machines (taking into account the economic feasibility) during the off-season period, machines should be stored on special supports (with the height not less than 500 mm) in closed unheated premises and under outdoor shed with a concrete floor with a protective anticorrosive coating applied to the working attachments. Shell Ensis Oil N has proved to be the best among protective coatings, but given its market value, it is not economically feasible and can be replaced with cheaper materials.
Keywords: fretting intensity, storage, atmospheric corrosion, steel.
1. Leygraf , C., Wallinder , I., Tidblad, J., & Graedel, T. (2016). Atmospheric Corrosion . New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
2. Gajdar, S.M. (2011). Zashhita sel`skoxozyajstvennoj texniki ot korrozii i iznosa s primeneniem nanotexnologij. (Doctoral dissertation). FGOUVPO “Moskovskij gosudarstvenny`j agroinzhenerny`j universitet”, Moskva.
3. Popovych, P.V. (2014). Metody otsіnky resursu nesuchykh system prychіpnykh mashyn dlia vnesennia dobryv z vrakhuvanniam vplyvu ahresyvnykh seredovyshch. (Doctoral dissertation). Ternopіlskyi natsіonalnyi tekhnіchnyi unіversytet іm. І. Puliuia, Ternopіl.
4. Severnev, M.M., Podlekarev, N.N., Soxadze, V.S., & Kitikov, V.O. (2011). Iznos i koroziya sel`s`koxozyajstvenny`x mashin . Minsk: Belarus. navuka.
5. Petrashev, A.I. (2007). Sovershenstvovanie texnologicheskix processov i resursosberegayushhix sredstv konservacii sel`skoxozyajstvennoj texniki pri xranenii. (Doctoral dissertation). Saratovskij gosudarstveny`j agrarny`j universitett im. N.I. Vavilova, Tambov.
6. Frankel, G., & Sridhar, N. (2008). Understanding localized corrosion. Materials today, 11, 38-44.
7. Díaz, I., Cano, H., Chico, B., & et al. (2012). Clarifications Regarding Literature on Atmospheric Corrosion of Weathering Steels . International Journal of Corrosion: Atmospheric Corrosion, 77-85.
8. Salgueiro, A., Allélyb, C., Oglea, K., & Volovitch, P. (2015). Corrosion mechanisms of Zn(Mg, Al) coated steel in accelerated tests and natural exposure: 1. The role of electrolyte composition in the nature of corrosion products and relative corrosion rate.. Corrosion Science, 90, 472-481.
9. Huang, J., Meng , X., Zheng , Z., & Gao, Y. (2019). Optimization of the atmospheric corrosivity mapping of Guangdong Province. Materials and corrosion-werkstoffe und korrosion, 70, 472-481.
10. Wenhua, X., En-Hou , H., & Zhenyu, W. (2019). Effect of tannic acid on corrosion behavior of carbon steel in NaCl solution. Journal of Materials Science & Technology, 35, 64-75.
11. Pan , C., Guo, M., Han, W., & Wang, Z. (2019). Study of corrosion evolution of carbon steel exposed to an industrial atmosphere. Corrosion engineering science and technology, 54, 241-248.
12. Refait, P., Jeannin, M., Sabot, R., & et al. (2015). Corrosion and cathodic protection of carbon steel in the tidal zone: Products, mechanisms and kinetics . Corrosion Science, 90, 375-382.
13. Grgur, B.N., Elkais, A.R., Gvozdenović, M.M., & et al. (2015). Corrosion of mild steel with composite polyaniline coatings using different formulations . Progress in Organic Coatings, 79, 17-24.
14. Hrytsai, Y.V., Tson, O.P., & Rubіnets, N.A. (2016). Korozіinі poshkodzhennia tekhnіky u sіlskohospodarskomu mashynobuduvannі. Vіsnyk KhNTUSH іm. P. Vasylenka, 170, 172-175.
15. Popovych, P., Tson, O., & Dovbush, T. (2014). Vplyv ekspluatatsіinykh seredovyshch na poshyrennia poverkhnevykh korozіino-vtomnykh trіshchyn v elementakh konstruktsіi sіlskohospodarskykh mashyn. Vіsnyk TNTU. Mashynobuduvannia, avtomatyzatsіia vyrobnytstva ta protsesy mekhanіchnoi obrobky, 75, 157-166.
16. Nirkova, L.І., Osadchuk, S.O., Ribakov, A.O., & et al. (2012). Doslіdzhennya atmosfernoї korozії vuglecevoї stalі za umov utvorennya adsorbczіjnix ta fazovix plіvok vologi . Fіziko-xіmіchna mexanіka materіalіv, 48, 117-123.
17. Dvoruk, V.І., & Borak, K.V. (2014). Metodyka doslіdzhennia vplyvu sposobu zberіhannia na abrazyvnu znosostіikіst robochykh orhanіv gruntoobrobnykh mashyn. Mіzhnarodnyi naukovyi zhurnal “Problemy trybolohіi”, 1, 14-18.