It was studied the dynamics of productivity of the mother root and cutting garden of the pumiselect clone rootstock, taking into account the soil and climatic conditions of the Steppe Zone of Ukraine, as well as technological aspects of crop management. In the first three years of vegetation of mother plants, there was an intensive build-up of the aboveground part of the bushes, which gave rise to transfer them to the state of operational plantings. The dynamics of the formation of the height and diameter of mother plants during this period made it possible to sufficiently justify the optimal plant placement schemes and nutrition area.
It was found that with an increase in the age of mother plantings and taking into account the almost complete alienation of annual growth for harvesting lignified cuttings, there was a decrease in plant habit, which led to a decrease in the productivity of plantings. The height of mother plants for five years of intensive operation decreased by 2.1 times, the width decreased by 2.0 times, the crown projection area decreased by 4.1 times, the leaf apparatus area decreased by 7.4 times.
A direct relationship was found between an increase in the age of mother plants and changes in the main morphological elements that determine their productivity. There was an annual decrease in the number of growing shoots and their length, which, in turn, led to a decrease in the total length of growth from 142.3 thousand m/ha down to 33.3 thousand m/ha, or by 4.3 times. In the most productive period of operation of mother plantings, it is possible to prepare 35.6 up to 42.8 m of growth per plant and 474.9 up to 570.2 thousand Pcs. / ha of cuttings, while from aging plantings it is prepared only 10.0 up to 16.8 m of growth per plant and 133.6 up to 223.6 thousand Pcs. / ha of cuttings.
It was shown that mother plants of the pumiselect clone rootstock, with their intensive use, significantly reduced the productivity of plantings after the second year of their operation, in the 7th – 9th years of cultivation. Annual alienation of shoots negatively affected regeneration processes and led to accelerated aging of mother plants, which limited the feasibility of long-term cultivation in order to obtain lignified cuttings. Prospects for further research are to develop elements of cyclic operation of the mother root & cutting garden, which will help extend the duration of productive use of mother plants.
Keywords: pumiselect, clone rootstock, mother plantings, shoots, biometric characteristics, lignified cuttings.
- Kernasyuk, Yu. Rynok fruktiv: potencial zrostannya. Agrobiznes sogodni. http://agro-business.com.ua/agro/ekonomichnyi-hektar/item/12231-rynok-fruktiv-potentsial-zrostannia.html
- Bosyj, O. (2019). Sadivnykam slid obmirkuvaty` strategiyu ukrayinskoyi selekciyi j spilno finansuvaty stvorennya novyx komercijnyx sortiv. Sadivnycztvo po-ukrayinsky, 1(31), 6.
- Lytovchenko, O. M., Pavlyuk, V. V., Omelchenko, I. K. (2011). Krashhi sorti plodovyx i gorixoplidnyx kultur ukrayinskoyi selekciyi. Kyyiv: Presa Ukrayiny, 144.
- Aleksyeyeva, O., Klochko, N. (2018). Sorty i pidshhepy persyka. Sadivnycztvo po-ukrayinsky, 5, 48–51.
- Jacob, H. (1999). Applied fruit breeding of the Geisenheim Research Institute. Erwerbsobstbau (Germany), 41 (5), 169–173.
- Solari,I., Pernice, F., DeJong, T. M. (2006). The relationship of hydraulic conductance to root system characteristics of peach (Prunus persica) rootstocks. Physiol. Plantarum, 128, 324–333.
- Szewczuk, A., Gudarowska, E. (2005). Kilka uwag o karłowej podkładce dla brzoskwini – Pumiselect®. Sad Nowoczesny, 2, 20–54
- Gudarowska, E., Licznar-Maùañczuk, M. (2006) The quality of root system of dwarf rootstock ‘Pumiselect’ for peach trees. Agronomijas Vestis, 9, 24–27.
- Licznar-Malanczuk, Sosna, I. (2013). Growth and yielding of the several apricot cultivars on the ‘Somo’ seedling and vegetative rootstock Pumiselect®. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum – Hortorum Cultus, 12(5), 85–95.
- Wolf, J., Ondráðek, I., Neèas, T. (2019). Potential use of spring budding techniques in production of plum nursery trees.Proceedings of the Latvian academy of sciences, Section B, Vol. 73, No. 3 (720), 220– DOI: 10.2478/prolas-2019-0035
- Milošević, T., Milošević, N. (2019). Behavior of some cultivars of apricot (Prunus armeniaca L.) on different rootstocks. Mitteilungen Klosterneuburg, 69, 1–11
- Ohundzhanov, A. H. (2017). Razmnozhenie klonovogo podvoja «Pumiselekt» odrevesnevshimi cherenkami. Uchenye zapiski Hudzhandskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta im. akad. B. Gafurova, 3 (42), 78-81.
- Bushylov, V. D., Samojlenko, T. G. (2017). Vplyv terminiv zhyvcyuvannya na ukorinenist zderevyanilyx zhyvciv klonovoyi pidshhepy Pumiselekt. Visnyk agrarnoyi nauky Prychornomor’ya, 4, 89–97.
- Zamorskyj, V., Bushylov, V. (2020). Pumiselekt: zhyvcyamyvy gidnishe. Sadivnycztvo po-ukrayinsky. Zhovten, 54–58.
Ключевое название (Key title):
Vìsnik agrarnoï nauki Pričornomor'â (Online)
Сокращенное ключевое название (Abbreviated key title):
Vìsn. agrar. nauki Pričornomor'â (Online)
Параллельное название (Parallel title):
Ukrainian Black Sea region agrarian science