Mykolaiv National Agrarian University
The aim of the study was to determine the impact of the methods of basic tillage and herbicide Euro-Lightning® Plus on weediness of crops and the formation of productivity of Pioner P64LP130 sunflower hybrid in the South of Ukraine. Research results. On average, in 2020-2021, the expenditure of moisture by crops on the formation of the unit of yield is reduced by the application of the herbicide, which is due to a decrease in weeding. The height of sunflower plants for cultivation on the background of shallow shelf-free basic tillage and herbicide-free technology was 139 cm, while for plowing to a depth of 28-30 cm this indicator increased by 6 cm. for chemical weeding of crops against the background of deep (28-30 cm) shelfless main tillage – 179 cm. Weather conditions also significantly affect this indicator: in drier conditions during the growing season 2020, plant height ranged from 123-130 cm in areas not protected from weeds by herbicides) up to 146-151 cm – in the options of chemical weeding of crops, in more humid conditions in 2021 – from 155-159 cm to 170-179 cm, respectively. The number of weeds in the period of harvesting sunflower seeds by herbicide-free technology, on average on all backgrounds of tillage, was 144 pieces/m2. Due to the spraying of crops with herbicides, this figure decreased by 89.6%. During plowing for the period of sunflower harvest, the dry weight of weeds under control was 449 g m2. Due to the chemical weeding, this indicator decreased by 86.2%. The herbicide showed higher biological efficiency (87.4%) in the model of sunflower seed production against the background of deep tillage. The average yield in the experiment in 2020 was 2.31 t/ha, i.e. was lower by 0.99 t/ha compared to more moisture in 2021. More efficient with herbicide-free technology is the production of sunflower seeds on the background of deep plowing (yield reached 2.50 t/ha), while 2.33 t/ha were formed during deep tillage, and only 2.21 t/ha of seeds during shallow tillage. More effective was the technology of growing sunflowers using the chemical method of weed control against the background of deep shelfless loosening of the soil. The yield reached the level of 3.36 t/ha, i.e. 1.03 t/ha more seeds were formed compared to the control crop (without herbicides). Conclusion. The growth and development of sunflower plants depends on the degree of weed infestation, which ultimately affects its productivity. During chemical weeding of crops, moisture is used more sparingly for seed formation, especially against the background of deep non-shelf basic tillage. During plowing for the period of sunflower harvest, the dry weight of weeds under control was 449 g/m2. Due to herbicide spraying, this indicator decreased by 86.2%. The herbicide showed higher biological efficiency (87.4%) for seed production against the background of deep tillage. Seed yields are also significantly affected by weather conditions during the growing season of the crop, the methods of basic tillage. More efficient (with herbicide technology) is the production of sunflower seeds on the background of deep plowing (yield 2.50 t/ha). During chemical weeding of crops against the background of deep tillage, this indicator reached the level of 3.36 t/ha.
Key words: sunflower, weediness, methods of basic tillage, weather conditions, productivity.
1. Bakhchivanzhi L.A., Dyachenko L.E., Pochkolina S.V. Current state and prospects of sunflower production in Ukraine. Bulletin of Socio-economic Research, 2013. Issue 4 (51). Pp. 9-14.
2. Ganchur V. Sunflower – the leading commodity culture of the Left Bank Forest-Steppe. Offer. 2012. № 2. pp. 8–10.
3. Plotnichenko S.R., Sidoruk B.O. Improving the economic efficiency of sunflower production in the region. Collection of scientific works of the Tavriya State Agrotechnological University (economic sciences). Melitopol: Melitopol Printing House “Lux”, 2013. № 1 (21). Volume 2. pp. 256-263.
4. Maslak O. Current state and prospects of the sunflower market. URL: http://agro-business.com.ua/agro/ekonomichnyi-hektar/item/8977-potochnyi-stan-ta-perspektyvy-rynku-soniashnyku.html
5. Statistical information of the State Statistics Service. URL: http://www.mk.ukrstat.gov.ua
6. Tkalich I.D., Girka A.D., Bochevar O.V., Tkalich Y.I. Agrotechnical measures to increase the yield of sunflower seeds in the steppe of Ukraine. Cereals. 2018. Volume 2. № 1. pp. 44–52. DOI: / https://doi.org/10.31867/2523-4544/0006.
7. Antipova L.K. The impact of changes in the structure of sown areas of forage crops on the provision of fodder livestock. Bulletin of Agrarian Science of the Black Sea Coast. 2021. Issue. 3. DOI: 10.31521 / 2313-092X / 2021-3 (111) -11.
8. Agriculture of the Mykolaiv area in 2020. Statistical collection. Main Department of Statistics in the Mykolaiv area. URL: http://www.mk.ukrstat.gov.ua
9. Popova M.M., Balduyev V.I., Borisyuk O.D. Productivity of sunflower depending on the date of its return to the previous place. Bulletin of Agrarian Science of the Black Sea Coast. 2004. T. 1. Vip. 1. pp. 132–134.
10. Gutyansky R.A., Popov S.I., Kostromitin V.M. and others, 2021. Influence of the main tillage and fertilizer on the weediness of sunflower crops. Bulletin of Agrarian Science of the Black Sea Coast. – 2021. – Vip. 1. pp. 60-68. DOI: 10.31521 / 2313-092X / 2021-1 (109).
11. Saenko K. Ambrosia polynolista: how and what to put out the “green fire”. URL: https://www.cherk-consumer.gov.ua/hromadianam/upravlinniafitosanitarnoi-bezpeky/novyny-upravlinnia-fitosanitarnoi-bezpeky/2061-zelena-pozhezha-ambroziia-polynolysta
12. Markova N.V. Agroecological aspects of growing sunflower hybrids in the Southern Steppe of Ukraine. Bulletin of Agrarian Science of the Black Sea Coast. Mykolaiv, 2014. № 1 (77). Pp. 133-139.
13. Onishchenko O.O. Influence of basic tillage on sunflower yield in the conditions of the southern steppe of Ukraine. URL: http://surl.li/azzxu
14. Berezhnyak M.F., Berezhnyak E.M. Optimization of agrophysical parameters of black soils under different tillage systems. Bulletin of Agrarian Science, 2010. № 12. P. 16-19.
15. Melnyk A.V., Govorun S.O. Water consumption and yield of sunflower depending on varietal characteristics and predecessors in the north-eastern left-bank forest-steppe of Ukraine. URL: http://surl.li/azzxp
16. Babenko A.I. Damage of segetal species and optimization of weed control of sunflower crops in the Right Bank Forest-Steppe. URL: https://nubip.edu.ua/sites/default/files/u145/dis_babenko.pdf
17. Ostapko A.B. Influence of soil herbicides on sunflower yield. URL: https://www.pdau.edu.ua/sites/default/files/studconf/106.pdf
18. Lebid E.M., Tsykov V.S., Matyukha L.P., Shevchenko M.S. Methods of field experiments to determine weed infestation and the effectiveness of its control in agrophytocenoses. Dnepropetrovsk, 2008. S. 5-10.
19. Dospekhov B.A. Methods of field experience. M. : Agropromizdat. 1985. 351 p.
20. Yeshchenko V.O., Kopytko P.G., Opryshko V.P., Kostogryz P.V. Fundamentals of scientific research in agronomy: textbook; for ed. V.O. Yeshchenko. Kyiv: Action, 2005. 288 p.
21. Ushkarenko V.O., Nikishenko V.L., Goloborodko S.P., Kokovikhin S.V. Dispersion and correlation analysis of the results of field experiments: a monograph. Kherson: Aylant, 2008. 372 p.
22. Bozhko D.A. Efficiency of herbicides at sunflower cultivation in the Steppe of Ukraine http://dspace.wunu.edu.ua/bitstream/316497/36349/1/40.pdf
23. Antipova L.K. Influence of methods of basic tillage on the productivity of alfalfa seeds in the southern black soils of Ukraine. Scientific works: scientific method. magazine. T. 78. Vip. 65. Ecology. Mykolaiv: Moscow State University named after P. Mogili, 2008. S. 60–63.
24. Antipova L.K. Influence of the main tillage on its water-physical properties and formation of alfalfa root system. Scientific works: scientific method. magazine. Ecology. Mykolaiv, Moscow State University P. Mogili, 2002. Vip. 8. pp. 101–105.
Ключевое название (Key title):
Vìsnik agrarnoï nauki Pričornomor'â (Online)
Сокращенное ключевое название (Abbreviated key title):
Vìsn. agrar. nauki Pričornomor'â (Online)
Параллельное название (Parallel title):
Ukrainian Black Sea region agrarian science