N.M. Povarova, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor
Odesa National Academy of Food Technologies
The article reveals the essence of the concept of “circular economy” and offers its own definition of this concept as a way of economic development, where the value of products, materials and resources is preserved as long as possible, and waste is significantly reduced or even eliminated. It is determined that the main goal of the circular economy is to create new alternative economic approaches, the task of which is to minimize the negative human impact on the environment.
The model of circular economy based on R-principles of its realization is considered. It is concluded that the 10-R model assumes that the higher the R-ladder, the less resource will be used. Thus, the transition from 3-R model to 10-R model makes you think consciously about the raw materials used in the design process.
It is established that the spread of the circular economy to the national and international level should be combined with the development of the regional economy, namely, starting from one settlement, and then spreading to the whole region. The study identified that the region’s circular economy aims to strengthen the region’s resilience by limiting its dependence on resource inflows, including optimizing the use of materials and energy for the benefit of the regional economy.
It is argued that regions play an important role in the circular transition: first, they play key responsibilities in key sectors of the circular economy, such as transport and solid waste; second, they are laboratories for innovation and experimentation; third, cities in the regions can be promoters, intermediaries and promote the circular economy, with shared responsibility with national governments and stakeholders. The review of the material revealed that the main areas of development of the circular economy of the region are construction, mobility and transportation, food, products and services.
It is established that financial support in the implementation of the circular economy of the region can take various forms, such as grants, loans, tax benefits or investment guarantees, which are offered directly to the public sector or provided through other entities. The advantages (new opportunities for growth and innovation, as well as savings related to resource efficiency) and disadvantages (there is an inability to measure its impact on all sectors of the region) from the introduction and development of circular economy in the region are outlined.
The study concluded that the region’s circular economy offers a new, more rational approach to resource management, including waste. At the same time, regional authorities play an important role in launching and accelerating the transition to a circular economy, setting an example by setting clear frameworks or directly supporting local and regional stakeholders in a greener economy. The circular economy promotes sustainable management of natural resources and helps shape a more sustainable, prosperous and sustainable future for all. To implement it, it is necessary to provide the necessary management conditions and existing economic conditions, namely: updating the regulatory framework; agreed policies, informed and involved stakeholders; monitoring and evaluation of progress and results; clear and reliable business incubators are created.
Key words: cyclicity, circular economy, region, circular economy model, advantages.
1. Polehenka, M. (2019), “An analysis of the current state of poultry production in Ukraine”, Ekonomika ta derzhava, vol. 3, pp. 137–143. DOI: 10.32702/2306-6806.2019.3.137.
2. Povarova, N. (2012). Factors that affect the quality of meat. Proceedings of 6th Central European Congress on Food-CEFood Congress, Serbia, Novi Sad, 587 – 590.
3. Vinichenko, I. I. and Makhovs’kyj, D. V. (2015), “Status and prospects of development of poultry enterprises in Ukraine “, Ahrosvit, vol. 24, pp. 3—6.
4. State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2018), Statistical information, available at:http: http://ukrstat.gov.ua/ (Accessed 12 February 2018).
5. Ischenko, Yu.B. (2013), Ptakhivnytstvo Ukrainy [Poultry Farming of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
6. Vinnikova, L., Povarova, N., & Synytsia, O. (2020). Osnovy ptakhivnytstva ta pererobky ptytsi. K.: “Osvita Ukrainy”. (Oryhinal opublikovano 2020).
7. Instruktsiia z vedennia pleminnoho obliku v ptakhivnytstvi [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Elektron. tekst. dani. – Rezhym dostupu :http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0847-01. – Data ostannoho dostupu : 29.05.2017.
8. N.A. Plokhynskyi (1969). Rukovodstvo po byometryy dlia zootekhnykov. Yzda-telstvo «Kolos», S. 242.
9. Pidruchnyk. I.I. Ibatullin, D.O. Melnychuk, H.O. Bohdanov ( 2006). Hodivlia silskohospodarskykh tvaryn:. Kyiv, 2006. 445 s.: il.
10. Bereza Y.H. (1991). Sokrashchenye poter y povыshenye kachestva miasa selskokhoziaistvenыkh zhyvotnыkh. Urozhai. S. 272.
11. Horbatenko I.Iu., Hyl M.I. (2008). Biolohiia produktyvnosti silskohospodarskykh tvaryn. Navchalnyi posibnyk. Mykolaiv. S. 218.
12. Clark, E. M. Mahoney. A. W. , Carpenter C. E. (1997). Haem and total iron in ready-to-eat chicken. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. Vol. 45, Issue 1. P. 124–126. doi: 10.1021/jf960054l.
13. J. O. Igene, K. Yamauchi, A. Pearson, J. Groxy. (1985). Mechanism by which nitrite inhibits the development of warmed over flavour in cured meat. Food Chemistry. Vol. 18. – P. 1–18. doi: 10.1016/0308-8146(85)90099-8.
14. Muhammad Nizam Hayat,Ubedullah Kaka andAwis Qurni Sazili. (2021) Assessment of Physicochemical Characteristics and Microbiological Quality in Broiler Chicken Breast Muscle (Pectoralis major) Subjected to Different Temperatures and Lengths of Cold Transportation. Foods. 10(4), 874.
15.Valentina Bongiorno, Achille Schiavone, Manuela Renna, Stefano Sartore, Dominga Soglia, Paola Sacchi, Marta Gariglio, Annelisse Castillo, Cecilia Mugnai, Claudio Forte, Chiara Bianchi, Silvia Mioletti, Laura Gasco, Ilaria Biasato, Alberto Brugiapaglia, Federico Sirri, Marco Zampiga, Francesco Gai, Margherita Marzoni, Silvia Cerolini. (2022) Carcass Yields and Meat Composition of Male and Female Italian Slow-Growing Chicken Breeds: Bianca di Saluzzo and Bionda Piemontese Bianca di Saluzzo та Bionda Piemontese. Animals. 12(3), 406.
16. Ahmad, I., and M. Suhail. (2002). Protective role of vitamin E on mefenamic acid induced alterations in erythrocytes. Biochem. (Mosc). 67:945–948.
17. Aiken, C. T., R. M. Kaake, X. Wang, and L. Huang. (2011). Oxidative stress-mediated regulation of proteasome complexes. Mol. Cell. Proteomics. 10:R110.006924-1–R110.006924-11.
18. Avila-Ramos, F., A. Pro-Martínez, E. Sosa-Montes, J. M. Cuca-García, C. Becerril Pérez, J. L. Figueroa-Velasco, C. A. Ruiz-Feria, A. S. Hernández-Cázares, and C. Narciso-Gaytán. (2013). Dietary supplementation and meat-added antioxidants effect on the lipid oxidative stability of refrigerated and frozen cooked chicken meat. Poult. Sci. 92:243–249.
19. Bansal, A. K., Bansal, M., Soni, G., Bhatnagar, D. (2005). Protective role of vitamin E pretreatment on N-nitrosodiethylamine induced oxidative stress in rat liver. Chem. Biol. Interact. 156:101–111.
20. Bao, Y.M., M. Choct, P. A. Iji, and K. Bruerton. (2007). Effect of organical-ly complexed copper, iron, manganese, and zinc on broiler performance, mineral ex-cretion, and accumulation in tissues. J. Appl. Poultry Res. 16:448–455.
21. Bauermeister, L. J., U. Morey, E. T. Moran, M. Singh, C. M. Owens, and S. R. McKee. (2009). Occurrence of white striping in chicken breast fillets in relation to broiler size. Poult. Sci. 88(Suppl. 1):33 (Abstr.).
Ключевое название (Key title):
Vìsnik agrarnoï nauki Pričornomor'â (Online)
Сокращенное ключевое название (Abbreviated key title):
Vìsn. agrar. nauki Pričornomor'â (Online)
Параллельное название (Parallel title):
Ukrainian Black Sea region agrarian science