The existing methodological approaches to the formation of scientific and innovative profile as a tool of comparative statistical analysis of scientific and technological capabilities and innovation activities of the country (region, industry) are discussed. It was established that two international organizations which activities are related to the collection and analysis of statistics on science, technology and innovation development of countries are the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). They annually publish scientific and innovative profile of countries. The indicators listed in the UNESCO publication describe mainly scientific and technical potential of the country (region). The list of indicators proposed by the OECD is broader and allows characterizing both scientific and innovative components of different countries’ profiles. The methodological approaches to assessment of scientific and innovative profile which had been proposed by Russian scientists A. Zolotukhina and A. Frolov were characterized.
Thus, summing up the experience of the OECD and UNESCO, according to the methodology of A. Zolotukhina which was based on national statistical offices, the author had developed a method of forming scientific and innovative profile of the agrarian sector of Ukraine and its regions. The necessity of its formation was proved by the system of 17 indicators which were grouped into 5 blocks (educational, human, organizational, financial, and productive), and described by the scientific and technological innovation capacity in the “in-out” system (“resources-results”). Besides, it is necessary that all of the figures were comparable, which makes comparison of their relative values possible, taking into account the peculiarities of the social and economic development of different regions of the country. To do this, all indicators were converted to relative values by means of comparison with specific territorial characteristics (number of economically active population, gross agricultural output, the number of business entities in the agrarian area and so on.). Calculation of indicators of scientific and innovative profile of the agrarian sector of Ukraine and its regions was made. It was established that the leaders of the majority of indicators are Kharkiv and Kyiv regions.
Formation of scientific and innovative profile of the agrarian sector using the proposed algorithm can be used to identify areas of further development of innovative entrepreneurship. It remains necessary to change the focus performance of indicators. It means that now the quantitative indicators of innovation and implementation of innovations are not important (for example, the number of derived varieties, and the area sown by them in Ukraine, etc.). In the future, it is advisable to give these data in statistical form for the survey of agricultural and research institutions in the agrarian sector.
1. Zolotukhyna A. V. Metodolohyia postroenyia nauchno-ynnovatsyonnoho profylia rehyona: opыt OЭSR y YuNESKO v rossyiskom kontekste / A. V. Zolotukhyna // Ynnovatsyonnaia deiatelnost rehyonov. – 2012. – # 2. – S. 41-47.
2. Lihonenko L. O. Naukovo-metodychni zasady ta rezultaty otsiniuvannia ekonomiko-tekhnolohichnoho potentsialu rehioniv Ukrainy / L. O. Lihonenko // Ekonomika Ukrainy. – 2013. – # 10. – S. 45-55.
3. Frolov A. V. Predposыlky y uslovyia sovershenstvovanyia upravlenyia ynnovatsyonnoi deiatelnostiu rehyona (na prymere Stavropolskoho kraia): avtoref. dys-y na soyskanye uchenoi stepeny kandydata эkonomycheskykh nauk / A.V. Frolov. – Stavropol, 2013. – 28 s.
4. Country and Regional Profiles (UIS) / [Elektronnyi resurs]: Rezhym dostupu:http://stats.uis.unesco.org/unesco/TableViewer/document.aspx?ReportId=143&IF_Language=eng.
5. The OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook / STI Outlook 2010 / [Elektronnyi resurs]: Rezhym dostupu: http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Management/oecd/science-and-technology/oecd-science-technology-and-industry-outlook-2010_sti_outlook-2010-en.
6. Zvit pro konkurentospromozhnist rehioniv Ukrainy / [Elektronnyi resurs]: Rezhym dostupu: http://competitiveukraine.org.ua/reports/ukraine/2012.
7. Khrystenko O. V. Rehionalni mekhanizmy stymuliuvannia rozvytku innovatsiinoi infrastruktury: avtoref. dys. na zdobuttia nauk. stupenia kand. ekon. nauk : spets. 08.00.05 «Rozvytok produktyvnykh syl i rehionalna ekonomika» / O. V. Khrystenko. – Poltava, 2014. – 20 s.
8. Zhuk V. M. Ekonomika innovatsiinoi diialnosti NAAN / V.M. Zhuk // Visnyk Tsentru naukovoho zabezpechennia APV Kharkivskoi oblasti: naukovo-vyrobnychyi zbirnyk. Vypusk 14. – Kharkiv: Drukarnia FOP Malakhin O.O., 2013. – S. 222-233.