3(79), Vol. 1, 2014
The influence of DEPAA antioxidant composition of treatment on the total polyphenols and ascorbic acid content in apples during storage was investigated. It is established that the apples treatment by exogenous antioxidant composition
decreses degradation of endogenous antioxidants of a fruit.It allows to sustain natural immunity of apples and to storage their biological value.
The biological value of fruit, vegetables and their products is determined by the content of bioactive substances including essential ones. Apples allow consuming vitamins, minerals and pectin during the whole year. Those apple sorts which combine high content of ascorbic acid and polyphenolsare are in particular value.
Some sorts of apples which are ripening late and are widely spread in the South Steppe of Ukraine, were selected for the research. Selected group included Renet, Simirenko, Idared, Golden Delicious, Royal Red Delicious, Starkrimson, Florina, Grenny Smith, Jonagold, Korea, Ligol, Sinap Almaty. Renet Simirenkoapple sort has been taken as the control one. The apple fruits were treated directly on the trees in the garden by spraying. It was performed with aqueous solution of antioxidant composition (DEPAA) consisting of ionol, DMSO and EPAA (modified polyacrylamide exopolysaccharideof bacterial origin). Control fruits have been treated by water. Apples were not collected until 24 hours after treatment. The storage temperature was 0 ± 1оС. Air relative humidity was 90-95 per cent. The experiment had been repeated five times.
Significant varietal differences in the content of polyphenols in fruitshave had been established. Jonagold apple fruits had the lowest level of polyphenols accumulation. It was 129.5 mg per 100g. Idared apples showed the highest level of polyphenols accumulation. It made up 240.2 mg per 100g.
Over the years of research the dynamics of polyphenols content had not been significantly changed. The change in polyphenols content is closely related to the dynamics of the intensity of fruits respiration. Thus the polyphenols accumulation peak coincides with the climacteric features. Then both the intensity of respiration and polyphenols content showed a gradual decline. This was confirmed by statistical analysis. The correlation coefficient ranges from 0,53 ± 0,002 to 0,96 ± 0,01 according to the apple sort and treatment options. The highest rate of polyphenols conservation was registered for RenetSimirenko, Jonagold and Ligol apples. At the end of the storage the polyphenols level 1.3 to 1.8 times exceeded the control one.
During research period significant varietal differences in the content of ascorbic acid in apple fruits have been ascertained. The lowest level of ascorbic acid content was observed in Royal Red Delicious apple fruits. It was 6.0 mg per 100g. The highest one was in Korea apple fruits(9.6 mg per 100g).
During storage the content of ascorbic acid decreased in all variants, both in control and in experimental fruits. Fruits treatment with antioxidant composition made it possible to slow down the destruction of ascorbic acid. That allowed us to obtain products with higher vitamin C after storage.
The fruits treatment with DEPAA composition provided the highest rate of ascorbic acid conservation for RenetSimirenko, Golden Delicious, Starkrimson, Korea and Sinap Almaty apple sorts. Till the end of the storage the level of vitamin C content had been in 1.3-1.4 times higher than in control fruits.
1. Makarkyna M. A. Byolohychesky aktyvnye veshchestva v plodakh yablony sortov selektsyy VNYYSPK [Elektronnyy resurs] / Makarkyna M. A., Pavel A. R., Sokolova S. E. // Problemy ahroekolohyy y adaptyvnost’ sortov v sovremennom sadovodstve Rossyy : materyaly konferentsyy. – Orel : VNYYSPK, 2008. – Rezhym dostupa k zhurnalu : http://www.vniispk.ru/news/konferenciya_2008/article.php?id=19
2. Kondratenko T. Ye. Yablunya v Ukrayini. Sorty / Kondratenko T. Ye.– K. : Svit, 2001.– 298 s.
3. R-aktyvnye veshchestva v plodakh sortov y hybrydov yablony [Elektronnyy resurs] / Makarkyna M. A., Sedov E. N., Serova Z. M., Sokolova S. E. // Selektsyya y sortorazvedenye sadovykh kul’tur. – 2007 h.– Rezhym dostupa k zhurnalu : http://www.vniispk.ru/news/sbornik_2007/article.php?id=15
4. Metody biolohichnykh ta ahrokhimichnykh doslidzhen’ roslyn i gruntiv / Z.M. Hrytsayenko, A. O. Hrytsayenko, V. P. Karpenko. – K. : Nichlava, 2003. – 320 s.
5. Dospekhov B. A. Metodyka polevoho opyta (s osnovamy statystycheskoy obrabotky rezul’tatov yssledovanyy) : [uchebnyky y ucheb.posobyya dlya vyssh. ucheb. zavedenyy] / Dospekhov B. A. – [5-e yzd., dop. y pererab.] – M. : Ahropromyzdat, 1985. – 351 s.
6. Osnovy nauchnykh yssledovanyy v ahronomyy : uchenyky y ucheb.posobyya dlya stud. vyssh. ucheb. zavedenyy / V. F. Moyseychenko, M. F. Tryfonova, A. Kh. Zaveryukha, V. E. Eshchenko. – M. : Kolos, 1996. – 336s.
7. Priss O. P. Zberezhennya biolohichnoyi tsinnosti plodovykh ovochiv za obrobky yikh antyoksydantamy / O. P. Priss // Innovatsiyni ahro-tekhnolohiyi v umovakh hlobal’noho poteplinnya : mizhnar. nauk.-prakt. konf. 4 – 6 chervnya 2009r. : mater. tez.– Melitopol’-Kyrylivka, 2009. – S. 203 – 206.