For today remote sensing methods of the Earth are the main source for relief modeling. In recent years, the issue of updating the methodology soil mapping is more often raised. Today, the information component of the soil state consists of materials of large-scale soil surveys , which were conducted in the 50-60s of the last century. The use of materials obtained through remote sensing has made the process of soil mapping more technological. The basis for mapping soil taken digital elevation models, which is more of an alternative to the data obtained in a traditional way.
The SRTM digital elevation model, was used in the work which is more accurate than other models. SRTM model based on radar interferometric survey of terrestrial surface by SIR-C/X-SAR radar system installed on board the spacecraft Shuttle Endeavor. The principle of operation of the radar complex is to measure the height of the reflecting, not the topographic surface: in the forested areas – the height of the trees, in the snowy area – the height of the snow cover.
To construct a digital elevation model were chosen the sloping soils of the right-bank steppe of Ukraine, namely the agricultural land of the Arbuzinsky district of the Mykolaiv region. The terrain are represented by black soils with feeble and medium degree of blur.
From the SRTM catalog received date for a clear distribution of the experimental field to the divide and the slope to construction a digital elevation model. Data processing was performed using the SAGA GIS software. On the basis of the obtained model, isolines were constructed and the following basic geomorphometric parameters such as slope and surface exposure, horizontal, vertical and general curvature were determined.
The obtained results indicate that the attraction of modern ones GIS technologies and the digital elevation model are an integral part of the complete mapping and updating of existing ground maps.
Keywords: soil mapping, remote sensing, digital terrain model, SRTM, geomorphometric parameters.
- Achasov A.A. (2008) Vykorystannya cyfrovyx modelej relyefu pry doslidzhenni gruntovogo pokryvu. Visny`k XNAU, 1, 157-159.
- Postel`nyak A.A. (2013) Ocinyuvannya tochnosti vysot cyfrovyx modelej rel`yefu SRTM ta ASTER GDEM. Visny`k geodeziyi ta kartografiyi,4, 17-21.
- Cherlіnka, V.R. (2015). Adaptaczіya velikomasshtabnix kart gruntіv do yikh praktichnogo vikoristannya u GІS. Agroxіmіya і gruntoznavstvo, 84, 20-28.
- Bulygin, S.Y., Shatoxin, A.V., Achasov, A.B., & Truskaveczkij, S.R. (2015). O neobxodimosti novoj metodologii kartografii pochv. Gruntoznavstvo, 4, 5-10.
- Abramov, D.A. (2013). Vyznachennia parametrіv “hruntovoi lіnіi” temno-kashtanovykh hruntіv Pravoberezhnoho Stepu Ukrainy za dopomohoiu suputnykovoi іnformatsіi. Vіsnyk ahrarnoi nauky Prychornomor’ia, 132-135.
- Pavlova, A.N. (2009). Geoinformacionnoe modelirovanie rechnogo bassejna po dannyam sputnikovoj s`emki SRTM (na primere bassejna r.Tereshki). Izvestiya Saratovskogo universiteta, 9, 39-44.
- Pogorelov, A.V., & Dumit, Z.A. (2007). Morfometriya rel`efa basejna reki Kubani: nekotory`e rezul`taty` cifrovogo modelirovaniya. Geograficheskie issledovaniya Krasnodarskogo kraya, 7-23.
- Athmania, D., & Achour , H. (2014). External Validation of the ASTER GDEM2, GMTED2010 and CGIAR-CSI- SRTM v4.1 Free Access Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) in Tunisia and Algeria. Remote Sensing, 6, 4600-4620.
- Farr, T. (2007). The shuttle radar topography mission. Reviews of Geophysics, 45,
- On`kov, I.V. (2011). Ocenka tochnosti vysot SRTM dlya celej ortotransformirovaniya kosmicheskix snimkov vysokogo razresheniya . Geomatika, 3, 40-46.
- Kleshh, A.A., Maksimenko, N.V., & Baskakova, L.V. (2014). Modelyuvannya geomorfometrichnix xarakteristik mіs`kix landshaftіv. Vіsnik XNU іmenі V. N. Karazіna, 1140,