V. Khareba , Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, professor, academician of NAAS of Ukraine
O. Komar, postgraduate
National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
An important reserve of increasing the crop capacity of parsnip is improvement of agricultural methods of cultivation of parsnip in specific soil and climate conditions. Nowadays cultivation of high-intensity varieties of parsnip (domestic and foreign selection) is topical question. Cultivation technology must consider biological peculiarities of crop, growing methods, sowing periods, fertilizers and plant protection. In Ukraine parsnip is grown in small amounts only for food-canning industry. That is why variety of parsnip in Ukraine public register is slight (only four varieties: Petryk – 1995, Borys – 2007, Stymul – 2009 and Belas – 2014).
The aim of the study was selection the most perspective varieties of parsnip (Pastinaca sativa L.) for cultivation in conditions of right-bank Ukrainian forest-steppe.
The article presents the results of research concerning varieties of parsnip which was conducted in 2015–2016 on the basis of experimental field at the Department of Vegetable-Growing in SRD “Plodoovochevyi Sad” of NULES of Ukraine. The experiment was conducted according to standard methods. Crops were sown in second decade of April. Sowing scheme – wide-space sowing (45×10 cm). Sowing depth – 1,5-2 cm. Arrangement of plots – systematical, repeatability – four times. Discount area – 18 m2. Plants were attended according to the cultivation technology which is common for right-bank Ukrainian forest-steppe.
It was determined that the highest crop capacity in conditions of right-bank Ukrainian forest-steppe is assured by such varieties as Stymul (45,5 tons/hectare) and Pulse (44,3 tons/hectare) with marketable value 93 % and 31 % accordingly. According to the aggregate of biochemical indices the most notable is Petryk (control). Its roots contained 25,36 % of dry matter; total sugar – 6,62 %; vitamin C – 10,14 mg%. The content of nitrates in roots was lower than maximum permissible dose (250mg/kg). The highest tasting grade got Pulse – 5,6 points.
Keyword: parsnip, variety, crop capacity, biochemical composition.
1. Leshhuk N. V. Derzhavna rejestracija sortiv ovochevykh kuljtur – osnova formuvannja nacionaljnykh sortovykh resursiv / N. V. Leshhuk, M. M. Zribnjak // Sortovyvchennja ta okhorona prav na sorty roslyn. – 2005. – № 2. – S. 86–96.
2. Vogel G. Handbuch des speziellen Gemüsebaus / G. Vogel. – Stuttgart: Ulmer, 1996. – 1127 s.
3. Sych Z. D. Sortovyvchennja ovochevykh kuljtur / Z. D. Sych, I. M. Bobosj. – K.: FOP “Korzun D. Ju.”, 2012. – 578 s.
4. Kornijenko S. I. Naukovo–praktychni pidkhody selekciji i nasinnyctva petrushky ta pasternaku. Teorija i praktyka / S. I. Kornijenko, T. K. Ghorova, L. Ju. Shtepa ta in. – V.: TOV «Nilan–LTD», 2015. – 152 s.
5. Dydiv I. V. Efektyvnistj novykh sortiv pasternaku v umovakh Zakhidnogho Lisostepu Ukrajiny / I. V. Dydiv // Zbirnyk nauk. pr. Umansjkogho derzhavnogho aghrarnogho universytetu: aghronomija. – 2008. – Ch. 1, vyp. 67. – S. 161–165.
6. Dydiv I. V. Produktyvnistj pasternaku zalezhno vid sortiv vitchyznjanoji ta inozemnoji selekciji / I. V. Dydiv, O. J. Dydiv // Visnyk Ljvivsjkogho nacionaljnogho aghrarnogho universytetu: aghronomija. – 2013. – № 17 (2). – S. 147–151.
7. Bobosj I. M. Vplyv shkidnykiv i khvorob na produktyvnistj sortiv petrushky j pasternaku / I. M. Bobosj // Karantyn i zakhyst roslyn. – 2013. – № 2. – S. 12–14.
8. Derzhavnyj rejestr sortiv roslyn, prydatnykh dlja poshyrennja v Ukrajini na 2017 rik / Derzhavna veterynarna ta fitosanitarna sluzhba Ukrajiny. – K., 2017. – S. 305.
9. Rubatzky V. E. Carrots and related vegetable umbelliferae / V. E. Rubatzky, C. F. Quiros, P. W. Simon. – New York: CABI, 1999. – 294 p.
10. Bondarenko Gh. L. Metodyka doslidnoji spravy v ovochivnyctvi i bashtannyctvi / Za red. Gh. L. Bondarenka, K. I. Jakovenka. – X.: Osnova, 2001. – 369 s.