Mykolaiv National Agrarian University
Management is the basis for the effective functioning of any organization, including local governments. Achieving high results of local government is impossible without the introduction of innovative approaches to personnel management processes.
The literature emphasizes the key role that the workforce plays in the activities of companies. However, although this topic has been widely studied in the private sector, little research has focused on public administration, especially in local governments. To fill this gap, this study addresses a number of theoretical plan issues and practical recommendations for effective human resource management tools in local governments.
The main task of HR-managers is to build a personnel management system, which allows the greatest implementation of creative initiatives of employees at all levels of the hierarchy. The first stage in the HR cycle is search and recruitment. An important stage of recruitment is the search for candidates. In order to expand the possibility of attracting more qualified staff and promote the vacancy, it is necessary to pay attention to additional vacancies.
It was investigated that newly appointed employees, as a rule, lack practical experience in local governments, which leads to a decrease in productivity and quality of performance of tasks set by the community. We believe that it is possible to solve this problem by carrying out high-quality and systematic adaptation of employees. The most popular form of adaptation of employees today is the method of mentoring. The modern use of this method is the use of badding.
One of the most important tasks of improving personnel management is to ensure staff development. We believe that it is appropriate to increase the professional qualification level of employees by forming systems of continuous corporate training. Among modern methods of staff development of local governments we have singled out – E-learning. The use of E-learning is possible with the help of an educational platform – Knowledge Management. Thus, the proposed tools allow local governments to increase the efficiency of human resource management, which will contribute to the economic growth of the local community as a whole.
Key words: personnel, personnel management, local self-government bodies, territorial communities
1. Alao, D. O., Ajike, C. A. Ibrahim, M. N. (2016). Environmental factors and Local Government administration in Nigeria: A study of Ede North and Ede South Local Government, Osun State, Nigeria, 1999-2014. Kuwait Chapter of Ariabian Journal of Business and Management Review. 5 (7). рр.28 – 42 [in English].
2. Human Resource Management in local government. The administrative districts from Lower Saxony in Germany. Academic Paper. 2020. Р.111, Grade: 1,0 [in English].
3. Justo Herrera, Daniel M. Miller. An Emergent Taxonomy of Public Personnel Management: Exploring the Task Environment of Human Resource Managers in Spanish Local Government. Public Personnel Management, 47(4), рр.445-471 [in English].
4. Klingner, D. E., Nalbandian, J., Llorens, J. (2010). Public personnel management: Contexts and strategies (6th ed.). New York : Longman. 2010. Р.372 [in English].
5. SERRANO, J., BARBA, M.I. (2011): La gestión de recursos en las corporaciones locales, Cuadernos de Gestión, fecha publicación online. DOI: 10.5295/cdg.100233ml
6. Vincent, C., Stephen, C. (2015). Local Government capacity building and development: Lessons, challenges and opportunities. Journal of Political Science and Public Affairs 3(1) 1-5 [in English].
7. Wilson, G. (2015). The causes, effects and management of industrial conflict in Local Governments of Delta State, 2008-2014. International Journal of Research in Arts and Social Sciences. 8(2) 44 -55 [in English].
8. Wilson, (2019). Environmental Factors and Human Resource Management in Local Government Administration in Nigeria. UJAH Volume 20/2, рр. 130-148 http://dx.doi./org/10.4314/ujah.v20i2.7 [in English].
9. Gavkalova, N., Mosumova, A. (2016). Personnel management in public organizations: features and problems. Efektyvna ekonomika, (6). [in Ukrainian].
10. General Department for Personnel Management in the Civil Service of the NAPS. Krashchi praktyky upravlinnia personalom. Retrieved from https://nads.gov.ua/storage/app/sites/5/human%20resourses/62.pdf [in Ukrainian].
11. Shevchenko, O.V., Romanova, V.V., Zhalilo, Ya.A. (Eds.) ta in. (2020). Detsentralizatsiya i formuvannya polityky rehional’noho rozvytku v Ukrayini: nauk. dop. NISS. [in Ukrainian].
12. Innovative development of territorial communities in the fourth technological revolution: priorities and prospects: National Institute for Strategic Studies. Retrieved from https://niss.gov.ua/publikacii/analitichni-dopovidi/innovaciyniy-rozvitok-teritorialnikh-gromad-v-umovakh-chetvertoi-0 [in Ukrainian].
13. Kitsak, I. B. (2018). Theoretical aspects of personnel management of local governments of united territorial communities. Efektyvnist derzhavnoho upravlinnia, 4 (57). Part 1., 135-144 [in Ukrainian].
14. Lisogor, L.S., Nesterenko, V.V. (2020). Formation and realization of labor potential of regions and communities as a basis for ensuring their sustainable development. Ekonomika i orhanizatsiia upravlinnia, 2 (38), 20-30 DOI 10.31558/2307-2318.2020.2.2 [in Ukrainian].
15. Libanova, E.M. (Eds.) ta in. (2016). Lyudskyy rozvytok v Ukrayini. Innovatsiyni vydy zaynyatosti ta perspektyvy yikh rozvytku. In-t demohrafiyi ta sotsialnykh doslidzhen im. M.V. Ptukhy NAN Ukrayiny. [in Ukrainian].
16. Matveev, P.M., Mosumova, A.K. (2019). Methodical approach to determining the conditions for effective functioning of local governments. Publichne upravlinnia i administruvannia v Ukraini, 14, 87–92. [in Ukrainian].
17. Mohylnyi, O.M., Patyka, N.I. & Hryschenko, O.Yu. (2021). Vplyv karantynnykh obmezhen, pov’iazanykh iz COVID-19, na rynok pratsi ta zainiatist u silskii mistsevosti [Impact of COVID-19 quarantine restrictions on labor market and rural employment]. Ekonomika APK, 4, рр. 51-67 [In Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202104051[in Ukrainian].
18. Survey of the National Civil Service Agency. (2021). Retrieved from https://nads.gov.ua/storage/app/sites/5/opituvannya-shchodo-metodichnikh-potreb-berezen-2021-finalna-versiya.pdf [in Ukrainian].
19. Pokotylo, T.V. (2015). Problems of development of labor potential in public service. Teoriia ta praktyka derzhavnoho upravlinnia, 1 (48), 185–191. [in Ukrainian].
20. Guide to the basics of human resource management for local communities. Retrieved from https://decentralization.gov.ua/uploads/library/file/767/%D0%9F%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%96%D0%B1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0 % BA_EN.pdf [in Ukrainian].
21. On approval of Methodical recommendations on the implementation of the system of mentoring civil servants in state bodies, authorities of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and their staff: Order of the National Agency for Civil Service of 25.10.2013 № 189. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0189859-13#Text [in Ukrainian].
22. Skrypnyk, S., Obikhod, S. and Verbivska, L. (2021), “Employment in a digital economy”, Ekonomika ta derzhava, vol. 12, pp. 4–9. DOI: 10.32702/2306-6806.2021.12.4[in Ukrainian].
23. Tomashuk, I.O., (2021). Metodolohichni polozhennia silskoho rozvytku v konteksti funktsionuvannia ob’iednanykh terytorialnykh hromad [Methodological provisions of rural development in the context of the functioning of united territorial communities]. Ekonomika APK, 6, рр. 101-116 https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202106101[іn Ukrainian].
24. Seryogin, S.M, Borodin, E.I, Komarova, K.V, Lipovskaya, N.A, Tarasenko, T.M. (2019) Personnel management in public authorities: textbook, 200. [in Ukrainian].
25. Shebanin, V.S. & Kormyshkin, Yu.A. (2020). Dyversyfikatsiia vykorystannia trudovoho potentsialu silskykh terytorii [Diversification of labor potential use of rural areas]. Ekonomika APK, 8, рр.6-12 https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202008006 [іn Ukrainian].
26. Shevchenko, O.S., Yevtushenko, G.I. (2019). Innovative methods of personnel management in enterprises in modern business conditions. Molodyi vchenyi, 10 (74). https://doi.org/10.32839/2304-5809/2019-10-74-156. [in Ukrainian].
Ключевое название (Key title):
Vìsnik agrarnoï nauki Pričornomor'â (Online)
Сокращенное ключевое название (Abbreviated key title):
Vìsn. agrar. nauki Pričornomor'â (Online)
Параллельное название (Parallel title):
Ukrainian Black Sea region agrarian science