The research of efficiency of electrometric method of estrus detection in cow compared to visual-clinical method has been conducted. For this purpose, two groups of animals were taken: both groups with 18 heads of cows. The estrus of the animals of the experimental group was registered by detecting the change in electrical resistance of the estrous mucus with the help of the «Draminski» detector of estrous cycles and early pregnancy. The indicator of electrical resistance 220-230 s.u. serves as a criterion of estrus. In the control group, estrus was detected by registering a “reflex of motionless state”, when the animal in heat period was calm, allowing to be covered. Insemination of cows of both groups was carried out using a recto-cervical method with defrosted semen: of the experimental group – once, of control group – twice. After the first and second insemination, 72.2% of cows in the experimental group and 61% in the control group were fertilized, and the other animals were unfertilized.
Money expenditure on fertilization of one cow consisted of the cost of a sperm dosage, the cost of labour of an artificial breeding technician and his/her assistant and amounted to 197 UAH in the experimental group, 365 UAH – in the control one. The total cost of fertilization of cows of the experimental group amounted to 5516 UAH, of the control group – 9715 UAH.
The economic damage from the infertility of the cows of both groups include losses from the lack of calves and milk. Calculating the economic damage from the loss of the offspring included the cost of a calf was 900 UAH. Thus, in the experimental group, the losses amounted to 4500 UAH, in the control group – 6300 UAH. In the calculation of the economic losses from lack of milk, it was believed that during each day of infertility 3 litres of milk were lost, and the market value of a litre of milk was 10 UAH. In the experimental group, the losses amounted to 20580 UAH, in the control group – 29460 UAH.
The economic effect of one hryvnia on the cost of production of one calf was calculated by dividing the cost of a calf into money expenditure on fertilization. So, in the experimental group it was 4.57 UAH, in the control group – 2.68 UAH.
Key words: cows, estrus detection in cows, electrometric method.
- Vareny`kov M. V. Upravleny`e vosproy`zvodstvom v molochnom zhy`votnovodstve. / M. V. Vareny`kov, A. M. Chomaev, A. E. Obory`n // Metody`chesky`e rekomendacy`y` dlya vetery`narnыx specy`aly`stov. (y`zdany`e 2-e, dopolnennoe y` pererabotannoe). – Moskva, 2014. – 66 s.
- Ny`kuly`n N. D. Sy`nxrony`zacy`ya polovogo cy`kla korov – «za y` proty`v». / N. D. Ny`kuly`n // Ny`vy Zaural`ya №2 – 2015. – S. 56-59.
- Senger P. L. The Estrus Detection Problem: New Concepts, Technologies, and Possibilities / P. L. Senger // Journal of Dairy Science. – V 77. – I. 9. – September 1994. – P. 2745-2753
- Lyimo Z.C. Relationship among estradiol, cortisol and intensity of estrous behavior in dairy cattle / M. Nielen, W. Ouweltjes, T. A. M. Kruip // Theriogenology. – V 53. – I. 9. – June, 2000. – P. 1783-1795
- Rekomendacy`y` po osvoeny`yu metodov y`skusstvennogo osemeneny`ya korov (v pomoshh` fermeram) – Pod red. M. R. Saxy`mova. – Dushanbe, 2008. – 28 s.
- Xaruta G. G. Metody`chni rekomendaciyi z vy`boru opty`mal`nogo chasu osimeninnya ta prognozuvannya zaplidnenosti vy`sokoprodukty`vny`x koriv. / G. G. Xaruta, V. V. Lotocz`ky`j – Bila Cerkva, 2004. – 34 s.
- Roelofs J.B. Pedometer readings for estrous detection and as predictor for time of ovulation in dairy cattle / J.B. Roelofs, F. J. C. M. van Eerdenburg, N. M. Soede // Theriogenology. – V 64. – I. 8. – November, 2005. – P. 1690-1703
- Panasova T.G. Efekty`vnist` refleksologichnogo metodu vy`yavlennya statevoyi oxoty` u tely`cz`/ T. G. Panasova. // Aktual`ni problemy` vetery`narnoyi xirurgiyi ta akusherstva. Materialy` Vseukrayins`koyi nauk.-prakt. Internet-konferenciyi. – Poltava, 2015. – S. 38-40.
- Bugrov A. D. Viyavleny`e y` viborka korov y` telok v ohote: metody`chesky`e rekomendacy`y` / A. D. Bugrov – Kharkiv: Y`nsty`tut zhy`votnovodstva NAAN, 2013. – 115 s.
- Rorie R. W. Application of electronic estrus detection technologies to reproductive management of cattle / R. W. Rorie, T. R. Bilby, T. D. Lester // Theriogenology. – V 57. – I. 1. – 2002. – P. 137-148.
- Lotocz`ky`j V. V. Rozrobka i aprobaciya suchasny`x metodiv vy`znachennya opty`mal`nogo chasu osimeninnya vy`sokoprodukty`vny`x koriv: Avtoref. dy`sertaciyi na zdobuttya naukovogo stupenya kandy`data vetery`narny`x nauk: specz. 16.00.07 «Vetery`narne akusherstvo». Ky`yiv, 2008. – 22 s.