ORCID ID: 0000-0001-5789-4023
The article highlights the results of marketing researches of consumer behavior and motivations at the market of tourist services of the region. In the research the respondents’ attitude towards tourist services was determined, socio-demographic characteristics of the tourist product users were identified, the most significant factors influencing the process of choosing tourist services were identified and estimated.
The volume and structure of tourist flows to Ukraine are analyzed, as a result of which the urgency of problems at the market of tourist services is determined. On the basis of statistical data, the wave-like nature of tourism development in Ukraine has been revealed in recent years.
The forms of travel and forms of tourism that consumers prefer are defined. In the context of travel quality, the costs of tourists for one day of rest is explored, as well as other factors that make up choice of travel for the benefit of foreign holidays. The advantages of respondents’ rest abroad are analyzed. In the process of studying consumer motivations, a connection between consumer behavior was found depending on the level of average monthly income, the article revenue, the frequency of traveling abroad and age on the basis of the use of nonparametric statistical methods, in particular the Cramer’s mutual agreement, as well as the significance of the given connection on the basis of the chi- square criterion. He made it possible to establish a close relationship between the respondents’ and the amount of money allocated for one day of rest, average monthly income and the type of tourism (in geopolitical space), the frequency and duration of trips abroad, as well as the diversity of countries that are favored by tourists. There is also a close relationship between the age of respondents and the duration of travel abroad, the choice of countries for travel and regions of the world, as well as factors that are the benefits of resting abroad.
Based on the results of research of consumer motivations, segmentation of tourist services was performed and their features were characterized due to the psychographic and behavioral criteria, which is a prerequisite for effective influence on consumer choice and satisfaction of his expectations.
Keywords: tourist market, consumer behavior, consumer motivations, tourist marketing, marketing research, tourist services, consumer segmentation.
- Law of Ukraine On Tourism № 324/95-ВР (1995, September 15). Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/en/324/95-вр/card2#Card [in Ukrainian].
- Horkavyi, V. K., Yarova, V. V. (2004). Matematychna statystyka. Kyiv: Profesional [in Ukrainian].
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Zozulov, O. V., Vasylenko, A. T. (2017). Analysis of consumer behavior in the industrial market to form a trade offers. Economic bulletin of National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnical Institute”. 14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.20535/2307-5651.14.2017.108742. Retrieved from: http://ev.fmm.kpi.ua/article/view/108742 [in Ukrainian].
- Kizyma, V.L., Bortnik, N.V. (2016). Marketing research of tourist and hotel services market in Ukraine. Scientific Journal of Kherson State University. Series “Economic Sciences”. 2 (Vol. 17), 37-40 [in Ukrainian].
- Kudla, N.Ie. (2013). Motyvy vyboru vidpochynku u selianskomu ahroturystychnomu hospodarstvi. Visnyk DITB. Seriia: Ekonomika, orhanizatsiia ta upravlinnia pidpryiemstvamy turystychnoi industrii ta turystychnoi haluzi v tsilomu. 17, 283-289. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/vditb_2013_17_48 [in Ukrainian].
- Lozhkin, H.V., Komarovska, V.L. (2009). Spozhyvatska povedinka. Praktychna psykholohiia ta sotsialni robota. 4, 1-10 [in Ukrainian].
- Obolentseva, L., Pavlenko, A. (2015). The marketing and its role in the tourism industry of the region. International Scientific Journal. 9, 141-145. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/mnj_2015_9_33 [in Ukrainian].
- Oklander, M. A. (2013). Vplyv sotsialnykh chynnykiv na povedinku spozhyvacha. Naukovi pratsi DONNTU. Seriia: Ekonomichna. 4 (46), 248-255 [in Ukrainian].
- Oklander, M. A. (2013). Modern transformations of cultural factors of conduct of user. Economic Bulletin of NTUU “KPI”. 10, 386-392 [in Ukrainian].
- Prokopenko, O.V., Troian, M.Yu. (2008). Povedinka spozhyvachiv. Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoi literatury [in Ukrainian].
- Rodelius, V., Azarian, O. M., Babenko, N. O. (2009). Marketing. Kyiv: NMTs „Konsortsium z udoskonalennia menedzhment-osvity v Ukraini” [in Ukrainian].
- Tielietov, O. S., Kosolap, N.Ie. (2012). Features and prospects of tourist services marketing in Ukraine. Marketing and Management of Innovations. 1, 21-34. [in Ukrainian].
- Tielietov, O. S., Khyzhniak, M. O. (2013). Marketing approaches to tourist services in Ukraine. Marketing and Management of Innovations. 3. С. 200-212 [in Ukrainian].
- Altkorn, J. (1995). Marketing w turystyce. Warszawa : Wydawnictwonaukowe PWN.
- Mostert, P. G. (2002). Buying behaviour of South African Internet users. Pretoria : University of Pretoria.
- Palatkova, M. (2012). Travel and tourism marketing-review. Czech Journal of Tourizm. 1, 30-52.
- Swarbrooke, J., Horner, S. (2007). Consumer behaviour in tourism.Oxford : Elsevier.
- Wang, Jing (2017). Economic and cultural impact of tourism marketing. Marketing and Management of Innovations. 3, 53-59. Retrieved from: http://mmi.fem.sumdu.edu.ua.