ORCID ID: 0000-0001-9471-8272
The article deals with the theoretical aspects of decentralization and the main measures envisaged by this reform.It is established that the main goal of the decentralization reform is to create the proper conditions for the development of communities and to bring services closer to the population through the formation of communities, the delegation of most powers to the basic level, a clear division of responsibilities between different branches of government, and ensuring the proper provision of local self-government resources.
Within the framework of the study, an analysis of the features of the decentralization process in the Mykolaiv region was conducted. It was established that as of September 10. 2018, Mykolayiv oblast occupies the 10th place in the ranking of oblasts for the formation of UTC (united territorial communities). In addition, it was determined that the majority of residents of cities of oblast significance are beyond the boundaries of associations, which testifies to distrust of the authorities and the reform of decentralization in the country.
The features of financial decentralization of the UTC of the region are considered and it is established that according to the indicator of the dynamics of revenues of local taxes and meetings of UTC of Mykolaiv region, there are positive results, which is the most realistic indicator of community work in the direction of improving its financial capacity.Also, it should be noted that according to the data of the Ministry of Regional Development in the list of 20 best financial communities in 2017 included two united territorial communities of the Mykolayiv region, in particular Galitsinovskaya UTC – 9th place and Mikhailovskaya-20th place.
It is established that the decentralization process in the Mykolaiv region is perceived with great care. Although work in this direction began as early as 2015, most of the existing communities were psychologically mature only in late 2016, at that time, elections were held in 19 communities of the region.
The study found that the process of implementing decentralization reform creates a number of potential challenges and risks in the field of socio-cultural policy, effective governance, and the development of effective political pluralism in the communities.
It is concluded that the creation of the united territorial communities of the Mykolayiv region is mostly without support from the general population, in the former united territorial communities there are no properly trained staff and there is a low level of qualification of local self-government employees for the implementation of new functions.This leads to ineffective use of the financial resources of territorial communities, the inability to master state subsidies for development.
Keywords: decentralization, financial decentralization, bodies of local self-government, (UTC) united territorial communities.
- Zagalna InformatsIya. URL: https://decentralization.gov.ua/about
- Tkachuk A. F. (2013). Detsentralizatsiyavladi : vid potrebi do realizatsiyi (robochiy zoshit). : Legalniy status. 116 s.
- Byudzhetniy kodeks Ukrayinivid 08.07.2010 # 2456-VI. URL: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws
- Kazyuk Ya. M. 2016. Mistsevi byudzheti 159 ob’ednanih teritorIalnih gromad. Finansovo-analitichni materiali. K. : Ministerstvo regionalnogo rozvitku, budivnitstva ta zhitlovo-komunalnogo gospodarstva ukrayini. 282 s.
- Tri roki detsentralizatsiyi: chim zhive Mikolayivska oblast. URL: http://news.informer.od.ua/page2594484.html
- Detsentralizatsiya v Ukrayini: dosyagnennya, nadiyi I poboyuvannya URL: :https://www.international-alert.org/sites/default/files/Ukraine_Decentralisation_UKpdf