The article discusses the economic opportunities that can be used to develop and achieve the strategic goals of regional communities in the region.
The value of the developing of recommendations for the provision of the region’s integrated territorial communities capacity development will increase in the face of new global challenges. One of the key areas of the implementation of new policy is a decentralization of power and an increasing of the level of financial independence and institutional capacity of the territorial communities of our country.
The strategic management function is one of the most common functions of the territorial communities. Its sense is in the creation of the conditions for their self-preservation and self-development on the basis of rational use of the natural, industrial, scientific, labor, demographic, social and cultural potentials of the territory and increase of business activity.
Through the realization of this function, an achievement of the goals of territorial development is ensured, specifically – direct life support and improving of the quality of life of the population, an enhancing of the role of the territory in the social division of labor on the basis of the formation of rational economic specialization.
The term “potential” in the context of territorial development is used as an economic opportunity that can be used to develop and achieve the strategic goals of the territorial communities. Strategies of the United Territorial Communities are a guide to action, a mean of coordinating efforts and ensuring continuity of decisions.
The prospective development of the territories also implies the elimination of the complex influence of the potential of such phenomena as unemployment, liquidation of enterprises, and factors that hinder the creation of new working places. No single line of economic problem is solved simply. Often, community leaders tend to focus on one particular aspect of a problem without fully understanding of its interaction with other components. The effectiveness of the development and implementation of strategy largely depends on the formulation of the main strategic goals, priority of the tactical tasks, the availability of material, manpower and financial resources, which are necessary for an achievement of the the set of strategic guidelines, the effectiveness of the mechanisms of strategy implementation in the form of financial and non-financial institutions, as well as national, targeted and regional development programs and specific projects for strategic goals achievement; an adequate monitoring and control system for the implementation of the strategy.
The components of the strategic development potential for the territorial communities of Mykolaiv region are:
– natural and climatic conditions (flat terrain, temperate climate, large areas of agricultural land, large size of the area of individual fields, etc.);
– resource opportunities (minerals, mobile labor, etc.);
– geographical position (presence of transport corridors, favorable radius of delivery of gricultural products, transit position, etc.);
– high demand for major export-oriented crops (opportunities for the agrarian sector of the economy).
Under the conditions of the instability of socio-economic situation, shortage of financial and economic resources, the communities of the region seek to exploit the potential of international structures, but mostly formulate development strategies that provide orientation to the use of local resources and reserves in order to ensure the survival the territorial system.
The communities of Mykolaiv region are inclined to implement strategic approaches that give special weight or to the development of the area, or to the development of human resources, or to local civic initiatives. However, a strategy for insuring the sustainability of the local community must include different elements of these approaches, depending on the needs and conditions of the particular locality. Each of these core components is part of a system of methods which are developed by the local community for creation of the sustainable economic development strategy. Now in the global practice of strategic management, the most effective tool for implementing the strategy is a system of balanced indicators. A balanced scorecard allows you to link strategic goals and key metrics that measure the extent to which they are being achieved. To identify and track causation between major financial and non-financial indicators.
The balanced scorecard can be the main tool for strategic management of the socio-economic development of territorial communities. It will allow: to monitor the achievement of the established indicators; to harmonize the budget process with plans and results of the community development; to evaluate the real effectiveness of the economic policy.
Different approaches to local economic development could be combined according to the specificities of every situation. It is necessary to formulate strategies that meet the socio-economic conditions of the community.
Keywords: potential, strategy, integrated territorial community, strategic potential, strategic planning.
- Berdanova O., Vakulenko V., Valentyuk I.V., Tkachuk A.F. (2017). Strategichne planuvannya rozvitku OTG. K.116 s.
- Metodologiya strategichnogo planuvannya rozvitku ob’yednanikh teritorialnikh gromad v Ukrayini / Proekt «Pidtrimka politiki regionalnogo rozvitku v Ukrayini». K., 2016. 55 s.
- Palchuk V. (2018). Strategiya rozvitku OTG yak putivnik spromozhnosti gromad //Ukrayina: podiyi, fakti, komentari. #22. S. 45–54. URL: http://nbuviap.gov.ua/images/ukraine/2018/ukr22.pdf.
- Strategiya stalogo rozvitku «Ukrayina – 2020»: Ukaz Prezidenta Ukrayini vid 12 sichnya 2015 roku # 5/2015. URL: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/5/2015.
- Tkachuk A. F., Kashevskij V., Mavko P. (2016). Strategichne planuvannya u gromadi (navchalnij modul). K. : IKCz «Legalnij status». 96 s.
- Misczeve samovryaduvannya v Ukrayini: suchasnij stan ta osnovni napryami modernizacziyi : nauk. dop. / [redkol. : Yu. V. Kovbasyuk, K. O. Vashhenko, V. V. Tolkovanov ta in.] ; za zag. red. d-ra nauk z derzh. upr., prof. Yu. V. Kovbasyuka. K. : NADU, 2014. 128 s
- Storonyanska I., Pelekhatij A. (2014). Finansove zabezpechennya rozvitku silskikh teritorialnikh gromad. Lviv : DU “IRD im M.I. Dolishnogo NAN Ukrayini”. 190s.
- Kalashnіkova O.Є.Reforma mіscevogo samovryaduvannya na pіvdnі ukraїni: osnovnі tendencії ta problemi (na prikladі Odes’koї ta Mikolaїvs’koї oblastej) [Elektronnij resurs] Analіtichna zapiska Serіya «Regіonalnij rozvitok», No1, 2019 URL: https://niss.gov.ua/sites/default/files/2019-07/ analit %20kalashikova%20regional%20development%201%202019%20checked.pdf
- European Smart Cities [TU Wien european smart cities 4.0 (2015). URL: http://www.smart-cities.eu/?cid=2&ver=4 [Дата останнього доступу 06.10.2019].
- Modernіsіng local government. Іmprovіng local servіces through best value. Department ofthe Envіronment, Transport and the Regіons/Eland House, Bressenden Place. London, 1998. 40p.
- Quіnn M., Duboіs J. (2005). Communіty Based Monіtorіng: Engagіng and Empowerіng // Forest Servіce Proceedіngs RMRS-P-36 ; Faculty of Envіronmental Desіgn, Unіversіty of Calgary. Calgary, AB, Canada: Alberta Ranchers USDA. Р. 212–218.