V. O. Rokotianska
The experimental data on the effect of ferrous lactate on the qualitative parameters of sperm and the formation of prooxidine-antioxidant homeostasis in the semen of boars is represented.
Experiments were conducted using adult boars of Ukrainian Large White pig breed; they were analogues by age, live weight and the quality of sperm production.
In the experiment, semen samples were divided into three groups. I-group – control. In the experimental groups, solutions contained – 0.15 mg (group II) and 0.3 mg (group III) of ferrous lactate were added. The studied samples were incubated at 38 ° C for 12 and 24 hours.
In the studied samples, the mobility and survival rate of sperm, the number of alive and dead sperm, and also the state of prooxidant-antioxidant homeostasis were determined.
The process of incubating whole sperm for 24 hours leads to a significant reduction in sperm motility by 9% and survival of 9.8%. These reductions in the functional activity of sperm are due to the displacement of prooxidant-antioxidant homeostasis in the direction of accelerating the processes of peroxide oxidation.
Adding 0.15 mg of ferrous lactate to whole sperm samples contributes to a 7% increase in survival of sperm during 12 hours of incubation with a subsequent decrease to 24 hours of incubation. These changes occur against the background of increased activity of catalase by 31,6% and superoxide dismutase 32,3% (p <0,05). Adding ferrous lactate for incubation in the amount of 0,3 mg stimulates the processes of peroxide oxidation – an increase in the concentration of DK 59% (p <0.01) and TBC 20.7% and a decrease in the activity of SOD at 8.06%, which leads to an increase functional activity of sperm. Prolongation of incubation for up to 24 hours leads to a decrease in the number of low molecular weight antioxidants: glutathione 62.3% (p <0.01) and ascorbic acid – 78% (p <0.01) and growth of dehydroascorbic acid at 135.78% (p <0 , 01), which is accompanied by a decrease in mobility of 18,2% (p <0,05) and survival of sperm 35,6% (p <0,01).
Key words: sperm, boars, sperm production, peroxidation, TBA-active complexes, iron lactate.
- Brusov O.S. Vliyanie prirodnyih ingibitorov radikalnyih reaktsiy na avtookislenie adrenalina / O.S. Brusov, A.M. Gerasimov, L.F. Panchenko //Byull. eksp. biol. i med. – 1976. – № 1. –S.33-35.
- Verbitskiy P.I. DovIdnik lIkarya veterinarnoYi meditsini / P. Verbitskiy, P. DostoEvskiy. –K. : Urozhay, 2004. – 124,  s.
- Gavrilov V.B. Spektrofotometricheskoe opredelenie soderzhaniya gidroperekisey lipidov v plazme krovi / V.B., Gavrilov, M.I. Melkorudnaya // Lab. delo. – 1983. –№3. – S. 33–36.
- Kaydashev I. P. PosIbnik z eksperimentalno–klInIchnih doslIdzhen z bIologIYi ta meditsini I. P. Kaydashev. – Poltava, 1996. – S. 123 – 128.
- Komissarchik Ya. Yu. Struktura i himicheskiy sostav kletochnyih membran/ Ya. Yu. Komissarchik. — M. : Nauka, 1975. — S. 8–25.
- Korolyuk M.A. Metod opredeleniya aktivnosti katalazyi / M.A. Korolyuk, L. I.Ivanova, I. G. Mayorova, E. V. Tokarev, // Laboratornoe delo. – 1988. – № 1. – S. 16 – 19
- Melnik Yu.F. InstruktsIya Iz shtuchnogo osImenInnya sviney Yu.F Melnik. – K.: Agrarna nauka. – 2003. – 56 s.
- Pat. № 67054A UkraYina, A61V5/00. SposIb priskorenogo viznachennya vmIstu S ta yogo IzomerIv u spermI knurIv / Kovalenko V.F, Shostya A.M., Usenko S.O.; zayavnik I patentovlasnik Institut svinarstva I agropromislovogo virobnitstva NAAN; zayavl.13.06.2003; opubl. 15.06.2004, Byul. №6
- Plishko N. T. Tehnologi i preparatyi dlya povyisheniya vosproizvodstva zhivotnih /N. T. Plishko. — Brovaryi, 2005. — № 6. — 111 s.
- Shostya A.M. Prooksidantno-antioksidantniy gomeostaz u plazmI ta spermI knurtsIv u perIod stanovlennya statevoYi funktsIYi / A. M. Shostya // Svinarstvo: mIzhvId. temat. nauk. zb. – Poltava, 2014 – Vip. 64. – S. 124–132.
- Yasuo Kagava. Biomembranyi / Yasuo Kagava. — M. : Vyisshaya shk., 1985. — S. 120–165.
- Agarwal A, Sekhon LH. Oxidative stress and antioxidants for idiopathic oligoasthenoteratospermia: is it justified/ Indian J Urol. 2011;27:74–85.
- López A., Rijsselaere T., Van Soom A. Effect of organic selenium in the diet on sperm quality of boars. Reprod Domest Anim. 2010.
- Sharpe RM. Environmental/lifestyle effects on spermatogenesis. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2010;365:1697–712.