Researches, on the evaluation of the development of traits in high-yielding Holstein breeds for intensive milk production technology, have established that the animals of the group “> 9956” had the advantage in terms of productivity. During the first lactation their milk yield was higher for 3829 kg (p <0.001) than at the first-born of the group “<7936”. Similarly, the advantage was established for the second, third and fourth lactations. The difference was 3021 kg (p <0.001), 2346 kg (p <0.001) and 1195 kg of milk, accordingly. It was found that the difference in milk fat by the first, second, third and fourth lactations was 149.5 kg (p <0.001), 113.5 kg (p <0.001), 100.3 kg (p <0.001) and 48.2 kg compared to low-yielding cows (group “<7936”). By the amount of milk protein, the probable differences were also found which are 122.7 kg (p <0.001), 98.9 kg (p <0.001), 82.6 kg (p <0.001) and 37.5 kg, accordingly.
The comparative analysis does not reveal differences in the fat and protein content of milk between animals in experimental groups. In cows of the group “>9956” fatty milk varied within the range of 3.91 … 4.02%, and protein digestibility was 3.22 … 3.32%, and in animals of the group “<7936” – 3.91 … 4.03% and 3.22 … 3.34%, accordingly.
Such signs as milk yield, the amount of milk fat and protein during the second, third and fourth lactation are characterized by coefficients of high-level variability in the high-yielding cows. According to the cows of the group “<7936”, the tendency of variability of breeding traits is almost the same, however, some differences in the variability parameters especially in the fourth lactation are revealed.
It has been established that each lactation of cows is characterized by different indices of milk yield, milk fat and milk protein content. The same signs of productivity are differ from each other for different lactations and this is due to age-related changes in animals. According to the numbers of repeatability of the milk yield of highly productive cows (group “>9956”), it was determined that higher values of the coefficient are the characteristic for lactation I-II, I-III and II-III. Regarding the constancy of the amount of milk fat and protein for certain periods of economic use of cows, both high and low coefficients of repeatability were established.
Based on the results of the conducted researches, it was found that cows, which showed a high level of productivity for the first lactation, will continue to increase their milk yield in the subsequent lactation, in the condition of proper maintenance for the welfare of the animals.
Keywords: Holstein breed, highly productive cows, productivity over several lactations, repeatability of breeding traits.
- Abylkasymov D., Chargeishvili S.V., Zhuravleva M.E. and Sudarev N.P. (2015) Analyz pokazatelej produktyvnosty korov luchshegho molochnogho stada Rossyy – Analysis of indicators of productivity of cows of the best dairy herd of Russia. Molodoj uchenыj – Young scientist 8/3 : 14 (in Russian).
- Byshova, N. G., (2010). Sovershenstvovanye tekhnologhyy proyzvodstva moloka v svjazy s yspoljzovanyem ynnovacyj – Improving the technology of milk production in connection with the use of innovations. Аvtoref. dyss. kand. s.-kh. n. Rjazanj – Abstract. diss. Cand. S.-H. n Ryazan. 19 (in Russian).
- Vostroylov, A., Venczova, Y and Sutolkyn A. (2007). Adaptacy`ya korov nemeczkoj selekcy`y` v Central`nom Chernozem`e – Adaptation of cows of German selection in the Central Chernozem. Molochnoe y` myasnoe skotovodstvo – Dairy and meat cattle breeding. 3 : 28-29 (in Russian).
- Gil, M.I., and Galushko, I. A. (2007). Zumovlenistj molochnoji produktyvnosti doslidzheno na korovakh gholshtynsjkoji porody – Condition of milk productivity studied on cows of Holstein breed. Tvarynnyctvo Ukrajiny – Livestock of Ukraine. 5 : 9-10 (in Ukrainian).
- Gil, M.I., and Galushko, I. A. (2005). Porivnjaljnyj analiz gholshtynsjkoji khudoby riznykh linij za molochnoju produktyvnistju v umovakh AF «Aghro-Sojuz» Dnipropetrovsjkoji oblasti – Comparative analysis of Holstein cattle of different lines for milk production in the conditions of AF «Agro-Soyuz» of the Dnipropetrovsk region. Visnyk aghrarnoji nauky Prychornomor’ja. Mykolajiv : MDAU – Bulletin of the Agrarian Science of the Black Sea Region. Mykolaiv: MDAU. 25 : 151-157 (in Ukrainian).
- Demchuk, M.P., (2002) Vykorystannja importovanoji khudoby v umovakh pivdnja Ukrajiny – Use of imported livestock in the south of Ukraine. Ljvivsjkoji derzhavnoji akademiji veterynarnoji medycyny im. S. Z. Ghzhycjkogho. Ljviv – Scientific herald of the Lviv State Academy of Veterinary Medicine. S. Z. Gzhytsky. Lviv. 3 : 18-21 (in Ukrainian).
- Dunin, I. M., Kochetkov, A. and Sharkayev, V. (2011). Plemennыe y produktyvnыe kachestva molochnogho skota v Rossyjskoj Federacyy – Breeding and productive qualities of dairy cattle in the Russian Federation. Molochnoe y mjasnoe skotovodstvo – Dairy and beef cattle breeding. 8 : 2-5 (in Russian).
- Litvinenko T., (2004). Produktyvnistj gholshtynsjkykh koriv vitchyznjanoji ta zarubizhnoji selekciji – Productivity of Holstein cows of domestic and foreign breeding. Tvarynnyctvo Ukrajiny – Livestock of Ukraine. 7 : 11-12 (in Ukrainian).
- Lucenko, M., and Smolyar, V. (1994). Xaraktery`sty`ky` vy`sokoprodukty`vny`x koriv – Characteristics of high-yielding cows. Tvary`nny`cztvo Ukrayiny – Livestock of Ukraine. 4 : 8-9 (in Ukrainian).
- Merkurieva, E.K, (1970). Byometryja v selekcyy y ghenetyke seljskokhozjajstvennыkh zhyvotnыkh – Biometrics in breeding and genetics of farm animals. M.: Kolos – M. : Kolos. 422 (in Russian).
- Movchan, T., and Danko, V. (2004). Osoblyvosti ekster’jeru gholshtynsjkykh koriv – Features of the exterior of Holstein cows. Tvarynnyctvo Ukrajiny – Livestock of Ukraine. 8 : 16-17 (in Ukrainian).
- Pidpala, T. V., (2006). Skotarstvo i tekhnologhija vyrobnyctva moloka ta jalovychyny – Livestock and milk and beef production technology. Kurs lekcij – A course of lectures : 171 (in Ukrainian).
- Pidpala, T. V., and Zaitsev, Ye.M. (2017). Ocinka molochnoji produktyvnosti koriv gholshtynsjkoji porody riznykh ghenetyko-ekologhichnykh pokolinj – Estimation of dairy productivity of cows of Holstein breed of various genetic and ecological generations. Visnyk Sumsjkogho nacionaljnogho aghrarnogho universytetu : Tvarynnyctvo. Sumy – Visnyk of Sumy National Agrarian University: Livestock. Sumy. 5/1 (31) : 134-138 (in Ukrainian).
- Pidpala, T. V. and Matashnyuk, Yu. S. (2017). Ocinka potokovo-cekhovoji systemy vyrobnyctva moloka – Estimation of flow-shop system of milk production. Visnyk aghrarnoji nauky Prychornomor’ja. Mykolajiv – Bulletin of agrarian science of the Black Sea region. Mykolaiv. 2 : 136-144 (in Ukrainian).
- Prokhorenko, P. N, and Loginov, Zh. G. (2005). . Ocenka bыkov proyzvodytelej ghlavnыj vopros v selekcyy molochnogho skota – Evaluation of producers’ bulls is the main issue in dairy cattle breeding. Molochnoe y mjasnoe skotovodstvo – Dairy and beef cattle breeding. 5 : 19 (in Russian).
- Pidpala, T.V., Voinalovich, S. A., Nazarenko, V. Gh., Gherasymenko, V. V., Strikha, L. O. and Ckhvitava, O. K. (2012). Selekcija molochnoji khudoby i svynej : navch. Posib – Selection of dairy cattle and pigs: teach. Manual. ; za red. profesora T. V. Pidpaloji. Mykolajiv – for ed. Professor T. V. Podpaloi. Mykolaiv. 297 (in Ukrainian).
- Tunikov, G.M., Byshova, N.G. and Ivanova, L.V. (2011). Racyonaljnыe pryemы v kormlenyy gholshtynskykh korov pry bespryvjaznom soderzhanyy – Rational techniques in feeding Holstein cows with loose housing. Zootekhnyja – Zootekhniya. 4 : 16-17 (in Russian).
- Khmelnychiy, L., (2001). Molochna produktyvnistj i typ chervono-rjabykh gholshtyniv nimecjkoji selekciji – Milk productivity and type of red-rye holstein of German breeding. Tvarynnyctvo Ukrajiny – Livestock of Ukraine. 2 : 20-10 (in Ukrainian).
- Wielgosz-Groth, Z. Groth I. Quality of Colostrums in cows milked twice or three times daily during the first six days after calving // Annals of animal science. Krakow, 2001. Vol. 1, № 1. P. 25-37 (in English).