The growth and development of young animals and the efficiency of crossing ewes the Ascanian Fine-Fleeced breed (AFF) with ram-sires of Texel (AFFxT) and Merinolandschaf (AFFxM) were studied. It was found that hybrid lambs AFF × T have a significantly higher live weight at birth – 5.8 kg against 4.7 kg in purebred peers. The revealed difference for these lambs remained in the following ontogenesis periods. In general, from birth to 6 months of age, the average daily gain increase in ram-lambs AFF × T was higher compared to purebreds and crossbreeds AFF × M by 16.6 and 6.4%, respectively. When estimating the growth rate of livestock during the rearing period, it was shown that AFFxT youngling probably prevailed in the average daily gains of AFF analogues by 26.1 g, and AFFxM by 9.6 g. over lambs the other two groups on such parameters, as height in buttocks, breast width, breast depth, oblique length of a trunk, a breast girth, which are completely confirmed by body structure indices. In particular, at birth and at the age of two, four and six months, these youngling had higher thoracic and massiveness indices. The uniformity index showed that these crossbreeds grew more evenly and had the highest value of this indicator, compared with animals of other experimental groups. In contrast to purebred Merino peers in the early postembryonic period, they are characterized by significantly higher parameters of live weight gain, growth intensity, growth stress, as well as the young mutton meat qualities better characteristics. In contrast to purebred Merino peers in the early postembryonic period, they are characterized by significantly higher parameters of live weight gain, growth intensity, growth stress, as well as the young mutton meat qualities better characteristics. In general, it was found that crossbreeding had a positive effect on the young animals’ meat parameters in the early post-embryonic period. The ram-lambs obtained from crossing Ascanian Fine-Fleeced ewes with Texel and Merinolandschaf are characterized by a high rate of growth and development, a better level of live weight gain compared to purebred peers. Nevertheless, the most effective combination is observed with the Texel breed, so it is advisable to use these ram-sires to increase the young animals live weight of sheep new created genotype and getting the youngling with better quality mutton.
Key words: sheep, genotype, live weight, linear parameters, growth rate.
- Aboneev, V.V., & Surov, A.I. (2007). Myasnaya produktivnost’ molodnyaka ovets v zavisimosti ot ego proiskhozhdeniya i vozrasta ot”ema ot matok [Meat productivity of young sheep, depending on its origin and age of weaning from ewes]. Ovtsy, kozy, sherstyanoe delo – Sheep, Goats, and Wool Business, 4, 39–43 [in Russian].
- Buylov, S. V. (1964). Nekotorye morfologicheskie osobennosti stroeniya pyasnykh kostey u tonkorunnykh ovets i ikh pomesey [Some morphological features of the metatarsal bones structure in Fine-Fleeced sheep and their hybrids]. S. V. Buylov, & M. Epshteyn (Eds.), Doklady TSKhA – Scientific Reports of the Timiryazev Agricultural Academy. (Vols. 104), (pp. 353-361). Moscow: TSKhA [in Russian].
- Gochiyaev, Kh. N. (2014) Myasnaya produktivnost’ baranchikov sovetskoy m’yaso-sherstnoy porodі, materi kotorykh imeli raznuyu zhivuyu massu [Meat productivity of the Soviet Meat-and-Wool breed ram-lambs, whose mothers had different live weight]. Ovtsy, kozy, sherstyanoe delo – Sheep, Goats, Wool Business, 1, 31–32 [in Russian].
- Erokhin, A. I., Magomadov, T. A., & Karasev E. A. (2010). Sootnoshenie myshechnoy zhirovoy y kostnoy tkaney v tushakh ovets raznogo napravleniya produktivnosti i vozrasta [The ratio of muscle, adipose and bone tissue in sheep carcasses of different productivity directions and age]. Sheep, Goats, and Wool Business, 4, 29–33 [in Russian].
- Zabelina, M. V., Levina, T. Yu., Skrіnnikova , A. P., & Babochkina, P. S.( 2017). Lineynyy i vesovoy rost molodnyaka ovets raznogo proiskhozhdeniya. [Linear and weight growth of different origins young sheep]. Sheep, Goats, and Wool Business, 2, 12–13 [in Russian].
- Ismailov, I. S. & Gogaev, O. K. (2003). Myasnaya produktivnost’ pomesey raznogo proiskhozhdeniya [Meat productivity of different origins hybrids]. Sheep, Goats, and Wool Business, 1, 19–20 [in Russian].
- Kovalenko, T. I. & Nezhlukchenko, T.I. (2008). Vplyv liniino-porodnoi hibrydyzatsii na intensyvnist rostu svynei [Influence of linear-breed hybridization on pig growth intensity]. V.O.Ushkarenko (Eds.), Tavriiskyi naukovyi visnyk – Tavrian Scientific Herald. (Issue58), (Part II), (pp. 26–29). Kherson: KhDAU “Ailant” [in Ukrainian].
- Kovalenko, V. P., & Bolelaya, S. Yu. (1998). Selektsionnaya model’ prognozirovaniya myasnoy produktivnosti ptitsy [Breeding model for predicting poultry meat productivity]. Tsitologiya i genetika – Cytology and Genetics, Vol. 32, No. 4, 55-59 [in Russian].
- Kotarev, V.I., & Ramazanov, A.G. “et al.”( 2007). Rost i myasnaya produktivnost’ molodnyaka ovets russkoy dlinnosherstnoy porody i ee pomesey s baranami teksel’ [Growth and meat productivity of young sheep of the Russian Longhaired breed and its crossbreeds with Texel rams]. Sheep, Goats, and Wool Business, 1, 39–41 [in Russian].
- Krylova, O., & Zaruba, K. (2012). Askaniiska tonkorunna poroda, tavriiskyi vnutriporodnyi typ [Ascanian Fine-Fleeced breed, Tavrian intrabreed type]. Tvarynnytstvo Ukrainy – Animal Breeding of Ukraine, 8, 42–45 [in Ukrainian].
- Kulikova, A. Ya., & Pavlov, T. B. (2003). Nekotorye rezul’taty skreshchivaniya matok stavropol’skoy porody s baranami porody teksel’ i poll-dorset [Some results of crossing of Stavropol breed ewes with Texel and Poll-Dorset rams]. Sheep, Goats, and Wool Business, 1, 25–26 [in Russian].
- Molchanov, A. V., & Kozin, A. N. (2017). Lineynyy rost i nekotorye inter’ernye pokazateli baranchikov volgogradskoy porody s raznoy toninoy shersti [Linear growth and some exterior indicators of Volgograd ram-lambs with different wool fineness]. Sheep, Goats, and Wool Business, 2, 10–11 [in Russian].
- Omarov, A. A. (2012). Dinamika rosta i razvitiya molodnyaka severo-severokavkazskoy myaso-sherstnoy porody i pomesey raznykh genotipov [Dynamics of the North Caucasian Meat-and-Wool breed young stock growth and development and crossbreeds of different genotypes]. V.V. Aboneev (Eds.). nauch. tr. – Collection of scientific works of the Stavropol’ State Scientific Institution SNIEZeK . (Vols. 1), (No 5), (pp. 27-29). Stavropol’: GNU SNIIZhK [in Russian].
- Petryshak, O. K. & Kyryliv, Ya. I. (2005). Otsinka miasnoi produktyvnosti ovets zalezhno vid yikh viku i stati [Evaluation of the sheep meat productivity depending on their age and sex]. Naukovyi Visnyk LNUVMB imeni S.Z.Hzhytskoho – Scientific Herald of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine named after S.Z.Gzhytsky, (Vol.7), (Part 1), (No. 1), 44–47 [in Ukrainian].
- Plokhinskiy, N. A. (1969). Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootekhnikov [Guide of biometrics for zootechnicians]. Moscow: Kolos [in Russian].
- Polska, P. I., & Kalashchuk, H. P. (2006). Efektyvnist selektsii za period vyvedennia ta udoskonalennia intensyvnykh typiv askaniiskykh m’iaso-vovnovykh ovets [Selection efficiency during the period of breeding and improvement of intensive types the Ascanian Meat-and-Wool sheep]. I. Voronenko (Eds.), Vivcharstvo – Sheep Breeding. (Issue 33), (pp. 132–138). Nova Kakhovka: “PYEL” [in Ukrainian].
- Protasov, A. Yu., & Sel’kin, I. I. (2012). Intevsivnost’ rosta molodnyaka ovets severokavkazskoy myaso-sherstnoy porody s raznoy zhivoy massoy pri rozhdenii [The intensity of the North Caucasian Meat-and-Wool breed young sheep growth with different live weight at birth]. Sheep, Goats, and Wool Business, 1, 18–20 [in Russian].
- Svechin, K.B. (1976). Individual’noe razvitie sel’skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh [Individual development of farm animals]. Kyiv: Urozhay [in Russian].
- Svechin, Yu. K. (1985). Prognozirovanie produktivnosti zhivotnykh v rannem vozraste [Predicting the performance of animals at an early age]. Vestnik sel’skokhozyaystvennoy nauki – Herald of Agrarian Science, 4, 36–108 [in Russian].
- Skorykh, L. N., Vol’nyy, D. N., & Aboneev, D. V. (2009). Rost i razvitie molodnyaka ovets, poluchennykh v rezul’tate promyshlennogo skreshchivaniya [Growth and development of young sheep obtained because of commercial crossing]. Zootekhniya – Zootechnics, 11, 26-28 [in Russian].
- Traiso,v B. B., Yuldashbaev, Yu. A., Esengaliev, K. G., & Smagulov, D. B. (2017). Rost krossbrednogo molodnyaka za molochnyy period [Growth of crossbred young animals during the dairy period]. Sheep, Goats, and Wool Business, 1, 11–23 [in Russian].
- Ul’yanov, A. N., & Kulikova, A. Ya. (2014). Vvodnoe skreshchivanie ovets yuzhnoy myasnoy porody s ottsovskoy porodoy teksel’ [Introductory crossing of Southern Meat sheep with the Texel parent]. Sheep, Goats, and Wool Business, 4, 18–20 [in Russian].
- Chernomyz, T. O., Lesyk, O.B., Pokhyvka, M. V., Tymofiishyn, I. I., & Hurskis, L.L. (2014). Chernomyz Pokaznyky produktyvnosti ovets m’iaso-vovnovoi porody merynolandshaf nimetskoi selektsii v umovakh zakhidnoho rehionu [Performance indicators of the German selection Merinolandschaf Meat-and-Wool sheep breed under the western region conditions]. nauk. prats PDATU. Ser. Silskohospodarski nauky -Collection of scientific works of PDATU. Agricultural Sciences Series. (Vol. 22), (pp. 108-113). Kam’ianets-Podilskyi: PDATU [in Ukrainian].
- Shuvaiev, V. T., & Kalynychenko, O. O. (2001). Miasna produktyvnist baraniv riznykh henotypiv [Meat productivity of different genotypes rams]. Zb. nauk. prats – Collection of scientific works of KhZVI: Problemy zooinzhenerii ta veterynarnoi medytsyny Problems of zooengineering and veterinary medicine. (Vol. 8), (Part I), (pp.99 – 102). Kharkiv: KhZVI [in Ukrainian].