The production of organic products in the agrarian sector is decisive in solving the problems of social and economic development of the rural population and the corresponding rural areas. Organic production is intended to reorient agricultural production from intensive technologies to environmental safety, and then to organic production. The transition of agriculture to organic production is possible only as a subject of compliance with the principles of social responsibility, which are aimed at the rational use of natural resources. In Ukraine the process of creating social responsibility is somewhat different than in other countries. For example, in developed countries of the world, social responsibility is understood not only as paying taxes and contributing to charities, but also as providing the population with the food products that are safe. As for the formation of socially responsible behavior in the consumer of organic produce in Ukraine, it depends, first of all, on the level of income of the population and the level of trust for organic producers.
The article investigates features of socially responsible behavior of the consumer of organic products. The authors reveal that the domestic consumer of agrarian products inclines towards the need for local social responsibility among its producers. The main factor influencing the formation of consumer demand for organic products is the content of external and internal markets. On the basis of questionnaires, the directions of local social responsibility of agrarian business in Ukraine were established, among them: “Responsibility to employees”, “Responsibility to consumers”, “Responsibility to partners (investors)”, “Responsibility to state authorities” and “Responsibility to competitors.” A SWOT analysis was conducted on the social and responsible behavior of the Ukrainian consumer of organic products, and strengths and weaknesses, threats and opportunities for the development of organic produce in the agrarian sector were identified. The authors prove that the formation of socially responsible behavior of consumers in Ukraine today is influenced not by the main aspects of the qualitative and safety of consumption of organic agricultural products, but by the price policy of food products.
It is proved that the formation of socially responsible behavior of consumers of organic products of the agricultural sector of the economy depends on the development of the organic market in the country. The necessity of introducing organic agriculture is due to the following factors: reproduction of soil fertility and preservation of the environment; development of rural areas and improvement of living standards of rural population; improving the efficiency and profitability of agricultural production; providing the consumer market with healthy qualitative products; strengthening the export potential of the state; improving the image of Ukraine as a producer and exporter of high qualitative healthy organic produce; ensuring food security in Ukraine; improving the general well-being of the citizens of the state, etc. It has been found out that with the increase of the standard of living of the population (increase of wages, subsistence minimum) and stabilization of economic and financial development of Ukraine (reduction of inflation, stabilization of national currency), it is possible to speak about full development of society and formation of socially responsible consumer behavior on the basis of organic agricultural products.
Based on the integrated solution of the above-mentioned problems, organic production in Ukraine will become popular and will be able to enter a new stage in the development of organic agriculture in Ukraine, while forming a socially responsible consumer of organic products.
Keywords: social responsibility, local social responsibility, organic production, organic production, consumer, agrarian sector, socially responsible behavior.
- Andreeva, N. (2010), Ecologically pure production: institutional preconditions, ways and mechanisms of their activation in Ukraine, `Economist`, No. 10.
- Antonets, A. (2010), Formation of the market for environmentally safe products in organic farming, `Economy of agroindustrial complex`, No. 12.
- Artysh, V. (2010), Development of the world market for organic products, `Economy of the agroindustrial complex`, No. 3.
- Begey, S. (2010), Ecological agriculture. New World-2000, Lviv.
- GDP of Ukraine: financial portal of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://index.minfin.com.ua/index/gdp. – Title from the screen.
- Gagalyuk, T. (2016), Corporate Social Responsibility of Agrarian Business. German-Ukrainian Agro Dialogue, Kyiv.
- The Main Department of Statistics in Mykolayiv Region: the official site [Electronic resource]. – Mode of access: http://www.mk.ukrstat.gov.ua/. – Title from the screen.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine [Electronic resource]. – Mode of access: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua. – Title from the screen.
- Environmental partnership: Bulletin of the project “Monitoring and evaluation of the implementation by Ukraine of the provisions of the Luxembourg Declaration on environmental governance” [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://www.dossier.org.ua/sites/default/files/newsleter_2_2018.pdf.
- Legislation of Ukraine: official site [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://search.ligazakon.ua. – Title from the screen.
- Wages: the official site [Electronic resource]. – Mode of access: http://www.zarplata.co.ua. – Title from the screen.
- Human Development Index: Ukraine is falling, what to do? [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www.epravda.com.ua/columns/2017/04/13/623821. – Title from the screen.
- What are the benefits of a rural farm in terms of ecology: UN Food and Agriculture Organization [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://www.fao.org/organicag/oa-faq/oa-faq6/en. – Title from the screen.
- Les, A. (2015), Motives of the purchase of organic products, Organic production and food safety. Polissya, Zhytomyr.
- Makarenko, S. (2011), Production of environmentally friendly products as the basis for determining the optimal strategy for the development of business entities in the region, `Economic innovations`, No. 44.
- Organic sector in Ukraine. (2017), materials of the international exhibition of organic products “Biofah”, Nuremberg, Germany.
- Organic in Ukraine: Federation of Organic Movement in Ukraine: official site [Electronic Resource]. – Access mode: http://www.organic.com.ua/en/homepage/2010-01-26-13-42-29. – Title from the screen.
- Zinovchuk, N. (2011), Organic agriculture and its development in a co-operation. Ruta, Zhytomyr.
- Potapenko, V. (2011), Organic agriculture as a factor of economic security, `Economy of agroindustrial complex`, No. 3.
- About the production and circulation of organic agricultural products and raw materials: the Law of Ukraine dated from September 3, 2013, No. 425-VII, as of 05.05.2015 [Electronic resource]. – Mode of access: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/425-18. – Title from the screen.
- Publication of documents of the State Service of Statistics of Ukraine [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://ukrstat.org/uk/operativ/operativ2005/fin/fin_ric/fin_u/2003.htm. – Title from the screen.
- The World of Organic Agriculture: Statistics and Trends // FiBL-IFOAM, 2017 [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://shop.fibl.org/fileadmin/documents/shop/3503-organic-world-2017.pdf. – Title from the screen.
- World Data Center for Geoinformatics and Sustainable Development: Ukraine is in Indicators of Sustainable Development [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://wdc.org.ua/en/services/ukraine-sd. – Title from the screen.
- World Data Center for Geoinformatics and Sustainable Development: a Global Analysis of the Quality of Life Safety [Electronic Resource]. – Access mode: http://wdc.org.ua/en/services/country-profiles-visualization. – Title from the screen.
- Sokol, L. (2008), Ecological (organic) agriculture as a component of sustainable agriculture, `Ecological safety`.
- Sokhnych, A. (2008), Development of the market for environmentally friendly agricultural products in Ukraine, `Economy of the agroindustrial complex`, No. 10.
- Federation of Organic Movement in Ukraine: Official Site [Electronic Resource]. – Mode of access: http://www.organic.com.ua/en/homepage
- Fostolovich, V. (2007), System of ecological management in the enterprise, `Economy of the agroindustrial complex`, No. 7.
- United Nations development program [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http: //www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home.html.
- 30. Global Launch of 2016 Human Development Report [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://hdr.undp.org/en/indicators/69206.