K. Karpenko, Senior Lecturer
T. Gerasko, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor Tavria state agrotechnological university
S. Vdovenko, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor Vinnetsia national agrarian university
The investigation revealed that the varieties differ from the beginning of phenological phases of growth and development of the plant. The earlier flowering, among the varieties, which took place on 86th days and fruiting on the 107th day was observed by the Lyana variety, and later by the Rio Grande variety.
The influence of biocontrol agent on the beginning of tomato fruiting is revealed. The Lyana variety for the use of azotophyte-p was characterized by the early fruiting, where the first fruits were harvested earlier for 6 days and for 7 days in the Novachok variety, relative to plants that were not treated with biocontrol agents. The beginning of fruiting in these varieties is observed for 104-106th days, respectively. From the use of azotophyte-p and phytocide-p in the Rio Grande variety fruiting occurs 6-10 days later from the varieties Lyana and Novachok.
It was found that the biometric parameters of the tomato plant depend on the varietal characteristics and the used biocontrol agents. Plants of the Lyana variety were characterized by higher plants, larger diameter of the trunk.
At the same time, for the cultivation of the Lyana variety and the use of phytocid-p, the number of the fruits of the first bunch exceeded the control version and the variant using azotophyte-p on 2 fruits, respectively. The use of phytocid-p for cultivating the Novachok and Rio Grande varieties reduces the total number of first-breeder fruit per fruit, and the treatment of plants with azotophyte-p does not affect the growth of the fruits.
It was recorded that for the use of biocontrol agents, the weight of the fruit of the tomato also changes. The highest value of of the food organ was characterized by a variety of Lyana from the use of azotophyte-p. The weight of the variant was 85 g, which is 15 g higher than the control variant or 42% and 5 g exceeded the weight of the fruit for the use of phytocide-p.
At the same time, the use of phytocide-p increases the weight of the fruit in the Lyana variety relative to control by 33%. The analysis of the diameter of the fruit also determined the positive effect of the biocontrol agents, but the value of the diameter of the fruits in the variants where they were applied was greater than the diameter of the fruits of control by only for 2-3%.
Keywords: tomato, variety, phenological phase, biometric indicator, biocontrol agents, fruit, diameter of the trunk, fruiting.
- Bourn, D. & Prescott, J. (2002). A comparison of the nutritional value, sensory qualities, and food safety of organically and conventionally produced foods.Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 42 (Vol. 1), 1–34.
- Palamarchuk, V.D., Polishchuk, I.S. & Venediktov, O.M. (2011). Systemy suchasnykh intensyvnykh tekhnolohii u roslynnytstvi. Vinnytsia [in Ukrainian].
- Willer, H. & Lernoud, J. (Eds.) (2017). The World of Organic Agriculture. Statistics and Emerging Trends 2017. Bonn: Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL). 1.3. February, 20. Retrieved from: http://www.organic-world.net/yearbook/yearbook -2017.htm.
- Andersson, C. (2005). Quality of organically and conventionally grown potatoes: four-year study of micronutrients, metals, secondary metabolites, enzymic browning and organoleptic properties. Food Addit Contam. 22 (Vol. 6), .514-534.
- Chaika, T. O. (2011). Efektyvnist orhanichnoho silskoho hospodarstva v Ukraini. Visnyk Poltavskoi derzhavnoi ahrarnoi akademii. 4, 160-164 [in Ukrainian].
- Smith, G. & Groenen, W. (2000). Organic Farming on the Prairies. Canada, Saskatchewan. Retrieved from: http://saskorganic.com/content/organic-farming-prairies-2nd-ed
- Woese, K., Lange, D., Boess, C. & K.W. Bogl (1997). A comparison of organically and conventionally grown foods – results of a review of the relevant literature. J Sci Food Agric. 74, 281–293.
- Drakou, M., Birmpa, A., Koutelidakis, AE & et al. (2015). Total antioxidant capacity, total phenolic content and iron and zinc dialyzability in selected Greek varieties of table olives, tomatoes and legumes from conventional and organic farming. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 66 (Vol. 2), 197-202. DOI: 10.3109/09637486.2014.979320. Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25582178
- Novotna, H., Kmiecik, O., Galazka, M. & et al. (2012). Metabolomic fingerprinting employing DART-TOFMS for authentication of tomatoes and peppers from organic and conventional farming. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 29 (Vol. 9), 1335–1346. DOI: 10.1080/19440049.2012.690348. Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22813205.
- Kapoulas, N., Zoran, S. I., Đurovka, M. & et al. (2013). Effects of organic and conventional methods on mineral content and taste parameters in tomato fruit..Agriculture & Forestry. 59 (Vol. 3), 23-34.
- Kataloh sortiv roslyn, prydatnykh dlia poshyrennia v Ukraini u 2007 r. (2007). Kyiv: Alefa, 2007 [in Ukrainian].
- Derzhavnyi reiestr pestytsydiv i ahrokhimikativ, dozvolenykh do vykorystannia v Ukraini №3890 (2009, June 3). Retrieved from: https://menr.gov.ua/content/derzhavniy-reestr-pesticidiv-i-agrohimikativ-dozvolenih-do-vikoristannya-v-ukraini-dopovnennya-z-01012017-zgidno-vimog-postanovi-kabinetu-ministriv-ukraini-vid-21112007–1328.html [in Ukrainian].
- Tomato. Growing technology. general requirements (2008). DSTU 6008:2008 from 22th December 2008. Kyiv: Derzhstandart Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Barabash, O.Iu. (1994). Ovochivnytstvo. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkola [in Ukrainian].
Ключевое название (Key title):
Vìsnik agrarnoï nauki Pričornomor'â (Online)
Сокращенное ключевое название (Abbreviated key title):
Vìsn. agrar. nauki Pričornomor'â (Online)
Параллельное название (Parallel title):
Ukrainian Black Sea region agrarian science