Chernobay Sergiy, postgraduate student
Kharkiv National Agrarian University named after V. V. Dokuchayev
The results of the researches 2012-2014 concerning the study of the influence of seeding rate and crops foliar fertilizing with micronutrients and biological preparations on the indices formation of spring barley grain quality variety Monomakh in the conditions of the Eastern Forest Steppes region of Ukraine are presented in the article.
Grain quality indices varied depending upon the weather conditions during the growing season and growing technology of studied elements. Mass of 1000 seeds, natural grain weight, size, protein and starch content were studied as quality indices.
The mass of 1000 seeds gradually decreased with the increase of seeding rate – from 43.1 g at a rate of 4.0 million / ha to 40.3 g at a rate of 5.5 million / ha. The difference between the marginal seeding rates was 7%. On the variants with foliar fertilizing application this index was on average 2.9% higher as compared with the control.
Seeding rate increase from 4.0 to 5.5 million / ha was accompanied by a decrease in grain size by 6.8%. When applying crops foliar fertilizing size increase ranged from 2.4 to 3.7% depending upon the processing variant.
Spring barley full-scale grain weight when changing the seeding rate from 4.0 to 5.5 million / ha, this index increased by 4.7%. Application of crops foliar fertilizing with complex micronutrients contributed the growth of grain on average at 2.7%.
The tendency to decrease protein content in spring barley grain was observed with the increase of seeding rate. Thus, grain with the lowest protein content – 14.6% was obtained at the seeding rate of 5.5 million / ha. Starch content in the grain, on the contrary, increased, while the difference in the indices between the marginal seeding rates was 4.9%.
The researches showed that crops foliar fertilizing with micronutrients and biological preparations in the phase of leaf-tube formation had a positive effect on spring barley grain quality indices. Thus, on average over the years of researches, the lowest protein content in grain was obtained in the control – 14.9%, while the starch content in this variant was the highest – 57.7%.
Thus, in the conducted researches 2012-2014 it was marked a significant impact of the studied technology elements on the indices formation of spring barley grain quality. A significant factor on the variability of quality indices was seeding rate. Spring barley crops foliar fertilizing in the phase of leaf-tube formation with complex fertilizers Crystalon special and Reakom provided the formation of the highest grain quality indices.
spring barley, seeding rate, foliar fertilizing, protein content, starch content, grain.
1. Zinchenko O. I. Roslynnytstvo : pidruchnyk / O. I. Zinchenko, V. N. Salatenko, M. A. Bilonozhko. – K. : Ahrar. nauka, 2001. – 591 s.
2. Manko K. Yachmin yaryi: suchasni tekhnolohii vyroshchuvannia / K. Manko, N. Muzafarov // Ahrobiznes sohodni. – 2012. – № 9.
3. Lykhochvor V. V. Yachmin : monohrafiia / V. V. Lykhochvor, R. R. Prots, Ya. Doliezhal ; Novatsiinyi tsentr Lvivskoho DAU. – Lviv : Ukrainski tekhnolohii, 2003. – 88 s.
4. Zhemela H. P. Udoskonalennia tekhnolohii vyroshchuvannia ekolohichno chystoho i yakisnoho zerna ozymoi pshenytsi / H. P. Zhemela, P. V. Pysarenko // Zb. nauk. pr. Umanskoho derzh. ahrar. un-tu. – Uman, 2003. – S. 702-707. – (Spets. vyp. „Biol. nauky i problemy roslynnytstva“).
5. Zhemela H. P. Osoblyvosti vplyvu umov vyroshchuvannia ta sortovykh vlastyvostei na krupnist i vmist bilka v zerni pyvovarnoho yachmeniu / H. P. Zhemela, V. S. Shkurko // Visnyk Poltavskoi derzhavnoi ahrarnoi akademii. Seriia „Silske hospodarstvo. Roslynnytstvo“. – 2010. – № 3 – S. 10-13.
6. DSTU 3769-98. Yachmin. Tekhnichni umovy. – Vved. 01.07.98. – K. : Derzhstandart Ukrainy, 1998. – 18 s.
7. Rekomendatsii po vyroshchuvanniu yaroi pshenytsi v Lisostepu Ukrainy : [dlia spets. silskoho hospodarstva] / S. I. Melnyk, V. P. Sytnyk, T. I. Lazar y in. – Kharkiv, 2006. – 24 s. – (Minahropolityky Ukrainy, UAAN, Hol. upr. ahroprom. rozvytku Khark. oblderzhadministratsii, In-t roslynnytstva im. V. Ya. Yurieva, KhNAU im. V. V. Dokuchaieva).
8. Dospekhov B. A. Metodyka polevoho opyta / Dospekhov B. A. – M. : Ahropromyzdat, 1985. – 351 s.